Triton 176 magnum compartment lids

I have a 2001 Triton 176 Magnum and am wondering what any of you Tin boat guys used to replace the underside of your deck lids, mine are deteiorating and in need of replacement. Thanks in advance.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner magic View Post
    I have a 2001 Triton 176 Magnum and am wondering what any of you Tin boat guys used to replace the underside of your deck lids, mine are deteiorating and in need of replacement. Thanks in advance.
    I am trying to remember what was on the underside of the lids, wasn't it sort of a black fuzzy material? I haven't owned one for 6 years.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

Was it like this? From what I remember it was like a thin black felt material. I too have been trying to find some to replace the funky insulation I put under the lids of my RT.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

4. Member
    It was like a thin piece of black foam/rubber material.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

5. Member
    Mine is exactly as wishiwasfishin2 is explaining and mine is in terrible condition. The underside of the lids of post #3 looks like the carpet that you would use on the runners for your trailer buncks and I think he has something there. I think I'll give that a try. thanks for all who responded.
    Last edited by sooner magic; 03-31-2020 at 08:59 AM.