Question Lithium battery sizing?

Contemplating getting rid of the ginormous deep cycle. I'd like an estimate for the capacity needed to run the motor and a 7" sonar for 8 hours, with not much additional range. The motor console is 45# thrust.

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

have to figure out the amp draw for both the motor and the fish finder. However most people I have seen running a trolling motor get a 50 amp hour battery just for the motor. Add probably another 15 amp hours for the depth finder. I'd suggest this one and get the battery charger. Use "KBL" at check out and itll take off 15%

https://www.bioennopower.com/collect...ant=1014274616

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply. Minnkota is saying 42 amp max draw. No idea what my duty cycle is though. I've got an Elite 7 HDI on there, the 5" version draws 1.1A. The newer Ti 7" draws 1.6A.

4. Member
    You might consider two batteries. One smaller one for the FF. If it goes out, you can still get home. Larger, as needed, for the TM.

When I had a TM on my kayak, I usually only had it on to get to a flat or shoreline, or to get back home.

Then, I'd drift with the wind if possible, using the TM sparingly to keep me on line. I added a drift chute to help pace the drift. All in all, the TM wasn't used much. I only had a 30 amp hour SLA style battery.

Of course, I'm old and only fished a few hours at a time. Your usage will be different.

5. Member
    I use a Dakota lithium 50 AH for my Jackson e-drive (150 watt at high setting) and have a 20 AH for electronics and lights. I haven't really tested the e-drive battery yet, but I think it is close to equivalent to a Group 22 lead acid battery.