Holes from previous Trolling Motor

Not sure if this is the correct forum or not. I bought a new trolling motor for my boat and the holes aren’t even close to lining up. Any suggestions on if I should fill the holes in and if so with what? Or does The fiberglass need to be redone in that part of the boat?

Thanks,
    philthy

2. Member
    Cover the bottom of the holes with tape and fill with Marine Tex or resin. You don't really have to worry about it cosmetically because the new TM is going to cover it.

3. Member
    Why not just use the existing holes and drill into the TM?
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rod View Post
    Why not just use the existing holes and drill into the TM?

Im using the MKA-21 bracket to mount it so i can take it off to put my cover on. Plus only two of the existing holes would match up.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    Cover the bottom of the holes with tape and fill with Marine Tex or resin. You don't really have to worry about it cosmetically because the new TM is going to cover it.
    thanks!

6. Member
    I bought vinyl chair skids in the right diameter, cut off the spike and glued them over the old holes with marine glue. Then I touched them up with fingernail polish, but they are unde the new TM anyway. Four years now and they are still in place.

You can also use a piece of dowel rod to help fill the hole, and glue them in with adhesive of your choice. My new TM covered all my old holes.