PHX921 250 sho prop question

Anyone run a mercury 25 fury 3 blade on a 921 PHX w/250 sho engine??? Mine came with a Yamaha 25 3 blade and have been running a 26 Bravo 1 4 blade.

2. Member
    Andy (Drewtick) has done a ton of prop testing on SHOs and never found the Fury to perform better than SHO or Bravo. From what I recall of our conversations. What’s the issue you’re having?
    2014 920/SHO

3. Member
    No issues other than top end. I was running a 25 Yamaha that came with the boat. I didn't like the handling of it. I am now running a 26 bravo 1 and it seems to be the deal. Much better hole shot and 72-73 by myself at 6000 rpms. I see some guys are getting 75 with a tx load and I'm not able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by jcbasser 52 View Post
    No issues other than top end. I was running a 25 Yamaha that came with the boat. I didn't like the handling of it. I am now running a 26 bravo 1 and it seems to be the deal. Much better hole shot and 72-73 by myself at 6000 rpms. I see some guys are getting 75 with a tx load and I'm not able to do that.
    I get slightly better than what you are seeing with the Fury 4 26. From what I have seen the Bravo and Fury 4 blades are very close performance wise. I still haven't run a Bravo thought so can't give a direct comparison. I do love the Fury.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbasser 52 View Post
    Pretty tight group here with Phoenix owners, but you've got to remember that they're still dudes and fisherman. Most are quoting "best ever" speed when they say what their rigs run. (And that's across all makes of boats) In my experience if you're running 70 on tourney morning with full fuel/partner/tourney load, you'll be faster than most. (except for the gofast/light hull boats) I have passed innumerable "insert mass produced brand name here" going 70-73 on tourney morning like they are going mid to high 60s.(which they were, at best) Not disparaging anyone here at all. I just don't like seeing anyone chasing ghost numbers.
    2014 920/SHO

6. Member
    With the exception of a couple basscats the fury 3 blade and the sho just don't run together. The sho lower unit likes to run really high in the water so it pairs well with a big diameter prop like the sho prop and bravos and on the 21 footers the fury 4 works well. The fury 3 is a smaller diameter prop that likes to run fairly low.

You could try having that sho prop b&b'd to see if it makes the handling better to where you like it. It's never going to fully hang with a 4 blade handling wise but when I had my sho prop b&b'd it completely changed how it handled. The sho props are pretty rough out of the box and mine was definitely no exception. I was running my 27 bravo full time on my 721 until I had the sho prop b&b'd and now I just run the sho prop all the time again.

7. Member
    Granted my boat is an old 719 with a 225 SHO. I have an old Yamaha Vmax vented prop that performs better on the top end. My SHO Ventless prop has a better hole shot. Could just be an anomaly, but this is my experience... (Dealer put the VMax prop on when I bought the boat.... probably because they did not have a SHO prop and I was a complete rookie and did not even think to ask).

8. Member
    I have heard the fury 4 are prone to slinging blades??? It has happened to 2 of my friends.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    I get slightly better than what you are seeing with the Fury 4 26. From what I have seen the Bravo and Fury 4 blades are very close performance wise. I still haven't run a Bravo thought so can't give a direct comparison. I do love the Fury.
    What speed and rpms are you getting with a fury 4 26??

I run a 21PHX with a SHO. I run the 26p Fury 4. Atlas Jackplate on 12-15. Running 6k RPM’s 72-74mph fully loaded 2 people.
    2022 Phoenix 920 Elite - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    tyler_calloway@yahoo.com

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler calloway View Post
    I run a 21PHX with a SHO. I run the 26p Fury 4. Atlas Jackplate on 12-15. Running 6k RPM’s 72-74mph fully loaded 2 people.
    Those are great numbers on a 21 fully loaded with 2 people. Once you get a SHO dialed in correctly to your boat, they haul. Hopefully that Fury holds up.

72-74 with a full tourney load and lithium’s