TJNYSNP

Lowrance waypoint management methods...

Hello, if there is a link about this please pass on by reply.

I have 2 units that are a cluster mess of weighpoints. I want to export them all and get rid of the redundant ones, get rid of the waypoint titles entirely and possibly change the icons too. Years ago i would export them and actually edit the physical waypoint extract files to get rid of the names and stuff.

What is the current method/technique that those out there who are organizing their waypoints to do the above ? Want to learn and do before the season starts here up north.

Thanks

2. Member

3. Member
    I like using ExpertGPS. It is geared for Lowrance units and it has all the Lowrance symbols. You add your specific unit in the software. It’s super easy to use and you can make bulk edits. You select multiple waypoints & delete names & change symbols at one time. I have used it for years and it works great. I think it costs $75 but you can download it and use it for I believe 2 weeks for free.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2718 View Post
    I like using ExpertGPS. It is geared for Lowrance units and it has all the Lowrance symbols. You add your specific unit in the software. It’s super easy to use and you can make bulk edits. You select multiple waypoints & delete names & change symbols at one time. I have used it for years and it works great. I think it costs $75 but you can download it and use it for I believe 2 weeks for free.
    Thanks for this answer, I downloaded the free trial, any guides on HOW to actually get info from my HDS carbons to the PC for this work? thanks again

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ike12 View Post
    Thanks for this answer, I downloaded the free trial, any guides on HOW to actually get info from my HDS carbons to the PC for this work? thanks again
    Export your gpx file to a memory card then copy that file to your computer.
    Open ExpertGPS then go to "Edit" menu then "Preferences", then "Add GPS", then choose your brand and model. After you add your particular unit,, then you can just open the file and begin your editing. It will also import .usr, Google Earth files(kml) Excel files, etc. If you click the "help" menu, there are more details how to use the software. It is super Easy to use. The Free version is called "EasyGPS" which operates the same way but doesn't have as many features "ExpertGPS" such as built in maps, making bulk edits, imorting Google Earth & Excel files and some other features.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike