Ramp Closures, COE

Went to Eufaula yesterday, chocolate milk down there. I knew they were closing ramps inside campgrounds but some have alternate entrances. I checked all over COE website and tried to find info on FB. Took a chance a went to see. Porum was closed and Bell Star. Seems silly to completely close an area when the caretakers are still there to keep campers out. Would like to fish Greenleaf, but no way to verify if it accessible or not.

Tenkiller is 17’ high so not sure about Greenleaf. Are the Grand ramps open?

3. Member
    I would think Greenleaf should be accessible. Haven't heard anything on Grand, but since it's not a Corps lake, I would bet the ramps are open there. Here's a link to the COE closures page I found.

https://www.swt.usace.army.mil/Park-...ound-Closures/

4. Member
    Greenleaf is a State Park and is open, I was there yesterday. The water level is controlled by a spillway dam so high water not possible. Lots of bass boats yesterday

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gabes1 View Post
    Tenkiller is 17’ high so not sure about Greenleaf. Are the Grand ramps open?
    Most all are open except the spillway ramp.

Thanks grandbassslayer. Headed there tomorrow.

7. Member
    Took a ride on the Harley today to check out Greenleaf and it was when I pulled in the entrance it dawned on me, State Park. It was 2ish and the ramp parking lot was full. Lots of tent campers and some RVs. Pretty weird to see so many folks when its just the opposite with all the COE campgrounds closed

a friend went Dripping Springs & Okmulgee Lakes Friday & Sat. he said both was packed but no camping at Okmulgee, he claimed the fishing slow..

9. Member
    COE website still shows Porum open as well as 9 & 9E. AnyOne on here that’s close and can verify? I stand corrected!!!! The COE just updated their site. Just about everything closed.
    Last edited by bbqpitboss; 03-31-2020 at 08:40 AM.
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100

10. Member
    With all of the orders to stay home, is fishing still considered something we can do?

11. Member
    All ramps were open at Skiatook last weekend and were packed. The campgrounds were closed.

Quote Originally Posted by coachmks View Post
    With all of the orders to stay home, is fishing still considered something we can do?
    last week the news 2, 6, 8 & 23 was telling everyone to get out and get fresh air but in groups less than 10

Many places are still open, but it is only the ramps. The restrooms are closed, etc

A few weeks ago Sportsman Lake east of Seminole, OK was closed by the city but then a week later they open the ramps again but everything else remained closed..playgrounds, pavilions, bathrooms, campground, swim beach, etc
    1988 Basscat Pantera 2 / 1988 Mariner 200 #0B348072 / 1986 Mercury Blackmax 200 #0B116913
    US Navy veteran

14. Member
    Anyone been to Mcgee lately ? Going tomorrow just curious if any ramp issues.
    Radeleur - how is fishing at sportsman? I've been fishing holdenville last couple weeks and it has been very good. Just need a change. Lol

Since Gibson is almost under 5 foot, hopefully Topper will be open..

Quote Originally Posted by bigal74848 View Post
    Anyone been to Mcgee lately ? Going tomorrow just curious if any ramp issues.
    Radeleur - how is fishing at sportsman? I've been fishing holdenville last couple weeks and it has been very good. Just need a change. Lol
    Sportsmans Lake honestly is a pretty good fishing little lake. Its small, so don't really run it and theres no maps for it (at least last I knew). When I had my 203 it only took a a couple minutes from one end to the other. But there is some nice fishing it. Don't cut any corners and shut down BEFORE you head into coves (some have some massive stumps right in the middle). Otherwise it has stumps, weeds, rock. It does have a launch fee, but an annual permit is only like 25 bucks if I remember right.

I haven't got to fish it lately cause of all the COVID stuff because I have lung problems and ol man murphy likes messing with me so I am not giving him a chance LOL

My profile pic is a Sportsmans Lake 5 pound 2 ounce. It can be an odd lake, much like Konowa...One time I couldn't get anything to bite until I threw a green pumpkin candy jig with a watermelon red anything trailer...So don't be afraid to experiment...and bring a plug knocker too...or don't throw any expensive baits...your choice
    1988 Basscat Pantera 2 / 1988 Mariner 200 #0B348072 / 1986 Mercury Blackmax 200 #0B116913
    US Navy veteran