Thread: Dropshot rod

Dropshot rod

Looking for a nice DS rod for around $300

Ive fished the DSR from Alpha but didnt find it all that sensitive. Fished this year with a Diawa Tantula and was the same.

Kind of looking at the Tantula Elite AGS, Megabass Addermine, Megabass Orochi XX Whipsnake, and St. Croix Avid X. But, im open for other options.

Im having a hard time with the Megabass rods because they are med light rods and never held one. I dont like a "floppy noodle" for a DS rod and want something with high sensitivity but some backbone. 6-11 to 7' with med action

2. Member
    Take a look at the Abu Garcia Fantasista Premier 610-4. Very, very sensitive and I use it for multiple finesse presentations.

3. Member
    St. Croix’s Avid X line is one of my favorite performers in their lineup and is a very good bang for the buck.
    In the $300 price range the Dobyn’s Extreme in the 7-7’6” (depending on preferences) and probably a 2 power.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

The Tackle Trap has some GREAT deals on St. Croix rep samples right now. If you could stretch your budget a little, that Legend Elite 610MXF is pretty impressive.

St. Croix Rep Sample Sale

The Tatula Elite AGS 711MFS-AGS is a very nice DS rod as well that isn't a noodle of a rod either. The Megabass Addermine is another great option... Feel free to send me a PM if I can assist further...

5. Member
    If you don’t mind a used rod, you can usually find an NRX 822dsr for $350-375 on the forums here.

6. Member
    I’m a big St Croix fan and my go to is an Avid X 6’9 ML. It’s more sensitive than my older Loomis 822DSR rod(the brown one), casts farther and is lighter.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    I’m a big St Croix fan and my go to is an Avid X 6’9 ML. It’s more sensitive than my older Loomis 822DSR rod(the brown one), casts farther and is lighter.
    ^^^this^^^

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Love the Avid X 69MLXF! Very nice tip, and goes into more like a medium power mid section fairly quick (it is an XF action) I own 2 I like the short handle, that makes it fish like a 7ft'er.