Remote drain plug

So my remote drain plug wont go in now. Worked fine previous trip and now only goes in 1/2 way. I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot. Anyone have theirs break?
    2016 Ranger Z518
    Mercury 150 HP Fourstroke

2. Member
    No, but it is a good idea to keep them lubed up every few trips out so they don't bind up or break "O" rings

Yes, on the lube. I use a lube from the Pool Supply that is waterproof and really "Sticky". It's what is used on the O ring for the pump filter. I put some on every 3-4 trips and then it makes it much easier to operate.
    You may have to re-adjust the cable at the lever to get it to close also.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Member
    Mine had the issue of not seating all the way I contacted TH marine and got a new one and now works everytime re routed the cable myself to avoid any binding all good now, I clean the o ring and re lube it every so often but once I release it at the ramp after boating I pull it back into place to keep dust from sticking to lube on the way home and causing future problems.
    Last edited by TopgunZ521C; 03-30-2020 at 04:17 AM.

Spent the afternoon putting a remote drain in my 96 461vs. Everything went perfect did have to remove one of the old Lowrance pucks and added a marine grease as suggested. Why is so damn hard to make yourself drill a hole in your boat? Done it many times and always comes out clean and smooth but don't think I will ever learn to like it.

Mine was doing the same thing last year. Lubing the "o" ring didn't help, finally took it loose at the switch and could see that the cable was moving to
    much and not pushing the wire threw enough, similar to a livewell cable. Tie wrapped it to the livewell pump out hoses in a couple spots and all good again.
    2019 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2