Looking for some help/ Ideas on failed livewell pumps

2018 520L boat launched at o'dark for a team tournament. After starting the boat I turned on the nav lights and the cockpit lights so i could see in the dark.
    The cockpit lights did not work? so I got to a dock and tied up only to find nothing worked on the panel, nothing. I tried looking around for fuses or breakers and could find nothing wrong. So I cycled the key pad completely off then on again and everything worked.

I caught 2 fish right away at our first spot and set up the live wells, about 30 min later my co-angle asked if my pumps ever shut off because they have been running non stop, I said yes, they are on a timer.

So I turned them off and back on only to find they would now not work. The lights on the panel for the the live well and timer light up but the pumps will not work. We bailed water into the live wells the whole tournament to keep the fish alive and i ran the oxygen the entire time.

It seems weird to me that I had an issue with the keypad then the live wells quit. i ordered 2 new pumps, they are on the way but I am hopeful some one here has some ideas.

2. Member
    Call Ranger. Sounds like a bad brain box for your key pad.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

3. Member
    Randy, i had the same thought so I bought a a new brain, (key pad) with no result

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    If it isn’t the brain, my guess is it’s the key pad. It’s likely that your 2018 is still under the original 3-year whole-boat warranty, so I suggest that you ask your/a Ranger dealer to replace the key pad for you.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. Member
    I think I am confused, I thought the key pad was the brain??.
    is there a control (brain) separate from the key pad and if so, where is it located

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Keypad [the part on which you push buttons] and brain are two separate items that work together. Keypad is switches; brain is digital control. You should find both under the console. I no longer have a keypad boat, or I would send you a picture. If you call Ranger Parts or a Ranger dealer, they should be able to walk you through it.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

I'd stop messing with it and take it to your dealer before you do something that will void the warranty.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

8. Member
    Can we revisit the "brain" reference again. I pulled the flush mounted graph out of the dash to look behind and found a connection that has 4 square plugs coming out of it ,also mounted on the horizontal part of the inner console are 2 other boards with lots of connections, one small and one much larger.

my dealer is 3 hours away and closed anyway for the lockdown. I am trying to get a handle on this issue. Today I have 2 new pumps landing that I bought but am not optimistic this is the problem

9. Member
    Some times you can dis-connect all power from the batteries, wait a few minutes and hook it back and it will reset itself.