200 pro XS intermittent click while trying to start

2B125960 2016 200 Pro XS

every now and then I’ll just get a click when I turn the key. I’ll try again and it starts right up. Usually happens a couple times a trip. I replaced with a brand new 31AGM interstate (good voltage. 1160mca / 200rc) cleaned all wiring and replaced terminals on posts. Tightened and cleaned wires on solenoid. Problem still exists. Does this sound like a starter problem? Is there any way for me to test it with being so intermittent?

who has the best price on a new starter for me??

thanks!

Correct forum would be the 3 liter 2 down I believe

Every electrical problem starts with the Battery
    Be sure it exceeds minimum requirements foryour motor and is fully charged and tested first
    Defective battery
    Connections
    Start circuits in boat
    Slave solenoid
    Starter solenoid
    Starter motor

Check voltage at the following points and record readings while cranking motor
    Starter motor large cable______
    The yellow/red tracer from the starter solenoid goes to the slave solenoid. On the slave solenoid there is another yellow/red wire that activates it, check both of these
    Voltage between the pos post of the battery and power point on the motor
    Voltage between the neg post of the battery and then motor block
    Check the voltage at all of these locations while it is malfunctioning and key held in the cranking position
    Perform all these test with the dvom ground lead attached to the battery ground post

On the slave solenoid connect the DVOM negative lead to the excite post (yellow/red wire), Connect the pos lead to the other Y/R that goes to the main starter solenoid and record reading while cranking
    and report back on the findings
    Last edited by lpugh; 03-26-2020 at 08:27 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh