Mike-. What's the hull cleaner for white boats

Calling nikesexpress, or anybody that has a white hull

I remember you posting something about an effective cleaner for the slow buildup of light stain from the river.

Of course I wipe it down and remove the waterline stains, but the hull step and pad needs a little help.

Thanks in advance!

2. Banned
    Paint it black.

3. Member
    You can use on/off by Mary Kate it’s a Hull cleaner you will need to wax it up once your done just follow directions on the bottle don’t get it on metal and wear a mask one small bottle last a long time then I usually use pro tec sealer once done
    07Basscat Puma
    Mercury 250 Pro Xs 4Stroke

4. Member
    I use a mr. clean magic eraser works great.

I've had pretty good luck using something called JJ-V's Best.
    22 Triton TRX20 22 Pro XS 250
    16 Triton 1760sc 16 Merc 75hp

6. mikesxpress
    No high dollar miracle mystery stuff here. Compound and Maguire's Flagship wax then wipe down with Maguire's quick mist detailer as soon as you pull out.
    River scum wipes right off. Looks like it never happened.

7. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    use toilet bowl cleaner...cheaper

8. mikesxpress
    Bowl cleaner will remove the wax.

Don't over complicate this. Compound the hull to get all the crap off. Apply wax and buff. The use of the MT300 and appropriate washable pads make the job allot eaiser. This buffer will not allow you to "burn" the finish. I do this once each year before the boat gets idled during deer season and touch up the top cap during the summer.

Thanks. I've used magic erasers everywhere else,don't know why I never thought of that.

Thanks Mike. Compounding and wax sounds like the way to go.

11. Member
    I had a white champion for years. A constant battle. Magic erasers definitely work, but not a permanent deal. Never figured it out so I bought a gray 50th anniversary z520 ranger.

12. Member
    Got a product called OFF/On at a boat dealer and also had good success from A BPS hull cleaner, both in the $12-15 range for a fair size bottle. Some of that stuff is nasty and you need gloves and a respirator and to cover you trailer inner fender carpet with a drop cloth after wetting them. Some of the cleaners are muriatic acid and do a one wipe job.

13. Member
    LOL I bought a grey boat! You guys crack me up!

14. Member
    Hydrochloric acid used with pressure washer works fantastic ......spray on with low pressure tip and switch to high pressure tip and spray off....no wiping needed....been using this for over 10 yrs on my white hull and will do wonders for your dull jackplate
    2004 Ranger 520DVX Honda 225 8" Atas 80 Min-Kota Ultrex Vexilar Flashers Lowrance Raymarine 8' Blades