BBC SPONSOR

New Boat Build 521L lots of screens

Just thought I'd post my build to share with you guys incase anyone was considering it.
    Ranger 521L.

Rear; Atlas hyd plate, Power pole blades with pumps mounted behind splashwell, BassBoatTech 3 battery tray for port side, dual cranking battery wired parallel on STBD side, standard dual pro charger and standard ranger battery switch.

Dash; dual set up with a Lowrance HDS12 Live left running active 3-1 transducer bottom of step with a shoot-thru glued in the hull for on-plane reading, also on the dash is a Solix 12G2 MSI+ right with the transducer on the back under jackplate. See photos for transducer mounting, zero interference. These are mounted on a BassBoatTech dual mega bracket.

Bow; garmin 122SV on top hooked to livescope (box mounted to rod tubes under front bow panel), Lowrance HDS12 live
    bottom lefthooked to HDI transducer on bottom of Ultrex with a transducer shield and saver. Solix 12G2 MDI+ bottom right will be hooked to fortrex Mega360 whenever it comes in. Van @ BassBoatTech helped with the building of this triple bracket. Hydrowave mounted on a modified Bracket from BassBoatTech. So far no interference with any of it.

Accessories; Point-1 mounted under rear lid battery compartment, Sonic-Hub, Fuel-Flow sensor, NMEA networked to all 5 units (use of heading from point-1), Lowrance Ethernet between units, Humminbird networked between units. All locators mounted on gimble brackets from BassBoatTech.

Wiring; Ran 4ga tinned marine wire from the battery to under drivers dash, this runs to a 12 fuse BlueSea fuse bar under dash. Ran 12ga marine tinned wire from there to bow for(3 MFD's and livescope) ran 16ga marine tinned for hydrowave, ran 14ga marine tinned for ethernet hub and for mega 360, console power locator direct to bluesea.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bigboyztoyz; 03-27-2020 at 10:37 AM.

2. Member
    You have a 4 bank charger for your 5 batteries? Love the electronics!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MengRanger View Post
    You have a 4 bank charger for your 5 batteries? Love the electronics!
    The 2 starting batteries/electronics are wired parallel. So just act as one large battery.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

5. Member
    That’ll easily push six figures. I’m dreaming of one now but need to wait a little bit until I decide if a CC 2260 would be better. The way you’ve rigged seems like someone asked you, “if you could have your dream bassboat anyway you want, what would you put on it?” Planning on 300hp?

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrnflyr View Post
    That’ll easily push six figures. I’m dreaming of one now but need to wait a little bit until I decide if a CC 2260 would be better. The way you’ve rigged seems like someone asked you, “if you could have your dream bassboat anyway you want, what would you put on it?” Planning on 300hp?
    No 300 for me until BASS/FLW changes their rules.

You have a lot of manuals to read.

8. Member
    Revoked message.
    Last edited by Iowabass3826; 03-27-2020 at 11:45 PM.
    2007 Ranger188vs, Mercury optimax 150

9. Member
    may i aska question? i have been seeing a lot of folks doing this sort of thing. multi sonars and i am just wondering why? does each sonar do a specific function?

10. Banned
    Wow

11. Member
    Right now, Garmin has the only good "live" sonar - so most guys are adding Garmin to their mix. I am in the camp that thinks all of these units have their strengths. From what I have researched, HB has excellent side imaging and maps. I do like my lowrance sonar. What I am looking for is someway to have these units share info with each other. Be nice to drop a waypoint on the garmin and have it on my lowrance units.

12. Member
    Looks fancy , but does it help you catch any more fish then the guys with two?,,
    2007 Z21 / 250 VMAX HPDI

13. Member
    Ole Tyler can catch em!!!

14. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by bassandbamafan View Post
    may i aska question? i have been seeing a lot of folks doing this sort of thing. multi sonars and i am just wondering why? does each sonar do a specific function?
    After running all 3 I have been quite surprised with the quality of each unit and how comparable they actually are. I will be posting comparison videos at some point. For the most part this is each's best attribute and what I use them for.

Lowrance: 2d and down as well as mapping, the waypoint functionality for me seems the best/easiest to manage
    Humminbird: Mega side imaging, Mega 360
    Garmin: Livescope

My analysis so far - Bird with lakemaster has some really nice features, not ready to switch over to it yet, Lowrance active imaging is very comparable to Mega and even out-performs in certain situations, Ran the livesight and livescope both and now only run livescope. Down imaging is comparable on all formats, I however use Lowrance for it as I like having 2d/Di side by side on split screen.

15. Member
    I have a hard enough trying to keep from getting interference on my one Helix 9 at the bow!!!!

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Philo Beddoe View Post
    I have a hard enough trying to keep from getting interference on my one Helix 9 at the bow!!!!
    Should be easily fixable, I am running all of this with zero interference.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyztoyz View Post
    Should be easily fixable, I am running all of this with zero interference.
    You're probably right. Anyways, killer setup man!