What Pitch Tempest Matches my Bravo 1 XS

I have a stock Bravo 1 XS 25 pitch that is perfect RPM wise on my 20 PHX with Merc 250 4S. I have a 24 Fury 3 blade that is low on RPMs by about 200. I want to try a Tempest plus. What pitch Tempest Plus do you think would match the Bravo 1 XS?

2. Member
    24 Tempest

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    I have a stock Bravo 1 XS 25 pitch that is perfect RPM wise on my 20 PHX with Merc 250 4S. I have a 24 Fury 3 blade that is low on RPMs by about 200. I want to try a Tempest plus. What pitch Tempest Plus do you think would match the Bravo 1 XS?
    what speed and rpm are you seeing with the bravo?

4. Member
    6150 RPM's and 71-72 MPH

5. Member
    Sorry I can't answer your tempest question but you may be able to help me with a prop question. i had to re-power my 721. most referred me to a fury 3 24p. my problem is rpm top side is 6100 tournament load. 74.5 mph. Which is not issue for me but. my problem is i am unable to do two things that were no problem with my old 2 stroke, at slower cruising speeds i can trip the bow up with out porpoising, also i can't jack up the motor to the max and get out of the hole with out the prop blowing out. to me that is a great characteristic for running skinny water. i was told to try a bravo 1 xs. so my question is with you running the bravo are you able to jack the motor up to the max and get out of the hole b=with out blowing out the prop. and can you trim the bow up at slow speeds.
    thanks and i wish you the best with your issues.

6. Member
    When i bought my boat i was told that the tempest was 1 degree easier to turn than a fury. That if i put a fury on it should be a 26p but if if went with a tempest I should go with a 27p. With the bravo on your boat did it try to blow out while getting on plane while the motor is jacked up as high as it will go?

7. Member
    It does blow out some if all the way up on the plate but I did not have any holes plugged. I have added some plugs and will try again next time out.