Puma rear seat mount loose...

My rear seat mount where it comes through the fiberglass deck is somewhat loose cause by the hole being larger than the aluminum seat mount. This causes the seat to move around a small amount when seating and rattle when on plane.
    Has anyone experienced this problem and found a solution?

2. Member
    Yep...I got some thin aluminum...I think it was from dryer vent material...like a solid piece of thin aluminum to extend the vent. I cut it to shape, mounted it so it was just below flush with the deck, then used a couple of hose clamps to secure.

3. Member
    You can get a new bushing. Easy to replace. Just google pedestal seat bushing.

4. Member
    It’s not the seat bushing...It’s the clearance between the aluminum seat post and the fiberglass hole in the deck.

5. Member
    From BCB. This is how you do it.

This is from 2012:
    This is caused from leaving the rear seat in place all the time. The aluminum seat pole with time wallows out the fiberglass just a bit and makes it loose. It creates a space between the fiberglass deck and the seat pole. We have nothing that will be a quick fix. What we have done here is wrap masking tape around the alum. seat pole under the deck from inside the battery compartment. Then from the top side pour resin or an epoxy based filler into the void to tighten up and fill that void. The tape on the bottom side just acts as a dam to keep the resin or epoxy from running down the seat pole and not building up. So the tape is wrapped around the poll to build up thickness.

BCB Admin
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    You can get a new bushing. Easy to replace. Just google pedestal seat bushing.
    Sorry, misread it

7. Member
    I filled the gap on a 08 model with epoxy and its as rigid as can be now.
    2015 Phoenix 819

Epoxy is a great method.

Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    From BCB. This is how you do it.

This is from 2012:
    This is caused from leaving the rear seat in place all the time. The aluminum seat pole with time wallows out the fiberglass just a bit and makes it loose. It creates a space between the fiberglass deck and the seat pole. We have nothing that will be a quick fix. What we have done here is wrap masking tape around the alum. seat pole under the deck from inside the battery compartment. Then from the top side pour resin or an epoxy based filler into the void to tighten up and fill that void. The tape on the bottom side just acts as a dam to keep the resin or epoxy from running down the seat pole and not building up. So the tape is wrapped around the poll to build up thickness.

BCB Admin
    Did this on my 09 Puma and it worked like a charm.