Thread: 3.2 Million

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

3.2 Million

Wow this is the weekly jobless claims filed. Sort of puts this virus in perspective from a financial point of view

Sad to hear. Lot's of people hit hard by this.

3. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    It’s going to get worse. My sons last day of work is tomorrow

Its why I don't think we can afford to stay at home for much longer. The sooner things get back to nomral the better it will be for companies and Jobs, the longer we go makes economic recovery harder.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    And those are last weeks numbers, this week will be worse. Of we don't get this country up and running by mid-april things will really get bad, like we have not seen in 100 years

the wife went to a burger place and ordered dinner last night and the gal who helped her told her she had 3 jobs during the week and she worked at this place on the weekends for extra money and now it her only job for time now..

7. Member
    we actually have a new hire starting on monday where I work. Drivers are hard to find and he wants to start. we don't have the outbreak a lot of places have - only 3 confirmed cases and they are all travel related (2 of them knew they had it and still traveled here to be with family).
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

8. Member
    It will be ten times that number soon. My daughter and her boyfriend both are laid off as of Monday. My neighbors wife same story. His company ordering 30% pay cut across the board. The economic carnage will soon resemble 1929.
    I don't always find schooling fish but when I do I backlash on the first cast

9. Member
    People like me who are not officially laid off will not show in the figures.

https://www.macrotrends.net/1377/u6-unemployment-rate

What we see as the official UE rate is always lower than the U6 rate.

Amazon is hiring. They can't keep up with the demand. They have a giant facility near me.
    Last edited by Bluegill22; 03-26-2020 at 09:17 AM.

11. Member
    Just heard Gaylord shutting down all their locations. That'll be thousands out of work at one fell swoop.

12. Member
    Effective Monday March 23rd. I became a statistic in that number.

I would like to do a lot of fishing during the off time but reluctant to spend money not knowing when my next income will occur.

I am sure there are others layed off who are doing a little belt tightening too.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    People like me who are not officially laid off will not show in the figures.

https://www.macrotrends.net/1377/u6-unemployment-rate

What we see as the official UE rate is always lower than the U6 rate.
    I know what you mean, I am in that situation.

My daughter and son in law were affected and lost their jobs last week Wife is giving herself a pretty good paycut as well as probably having to do the same company wide. I have said it from Day 1....the US simply cannot stay shuttered for much longer. In a perfect world we could shut down and ride all this out but we can't. We will spin ourselves into an even worse place than we see now.

15. Banned
    More damage than the virus will cause.

16. Member
    My wife finds out today if she will be cut back to 20hrs or laid off.

GE here around me is hiring full time to make respirators...$17.00/HR starting and full benefits..options for 1st, 2nd, 3rd shift.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

18. Member
    I hope like China has done that we soon decide we cant crash the whole economy and let people back to work while jobs still exist. The cure will be worse than the disease if we keep this up. How many people will die in poverty and crime as those things will be explode as this gets worse. This will wipe out the middle class as we know it if we keep everyone on lockdown. This is crazy.
    I don't always find schooling fish but when I do I backlash on the first cast

Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    GE here around me is hiring full time to make respirators...$17.00/HR starting and full benefits..options for 1st, 2nd, 3rd shift.
    What happens in a few months when the supply chains of these items are full?...great option for now but I think focusing on existing jobs that have been in the market longterm will pay off better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    What happens in a few months when the supply chains of these items are full?...great option for now but I think focusing on existing jobs that have been in the market long term will pay off better.
    Agreed...but for some being laid off now its a good option to supplement some income.....the "full benefits" deal is a bit of a hoax as its likely a short term job but better than nothing.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast