Carona Virus effects on your golf course or club?

Our club has stayed open, but has taken multiple measures to support social distancing and avoiding contact.
    Single player in each golf cart unless you are from the same household.
    No pickup service-sanitized carts are lined up for members to take.
    No golf bag storage-to avoid staff contact with members.
    No rakes for sand traps-play as ground under repair or as it lies-players choice.
    Restrictor plates in cups to keep the ball from going to bottom of cup-avoids members touching the cup.
    Leave the pins in at all times-avoids members touching pins.
    No in-house dining-take home only.
    Gloves on staff.
    Bar is open-go cups only.

Maybe more to come.
    Governor just issued Oklahoma shut down order for non-essential business.

What measures has your course/club taken?

2. Member
    The course on FT Campbell KY is closed. One of the courses in Clarksville TN is closed. The river club is open but they are taking the same restrictions as mentioned except for the one person per cart. We're playing tomorrow but I'll be walking.

3. Member
    I'm a member at a semi private course, they have closed it to the public, so members only, clubhouse is closed to avoid contact , you have to call for tee time and they just put the round cost on your account, all the carts are cleaned/sanitized before and after each trip out, plates in each cup, they have the disposable gloves on each cart for rakes, etc., the kitchen is only open for the cart drive thru pickup. Normal tee times are 10 minutes apart, they have went to 20 minutes now, seems to work good, not that many playing right now.

4. Member
    Played today in record heat for Tulsa-93 degrees. Man did it feel good early. Shot 84 and going back tomorrow for day 3. Still on week 2 of boat in the shop and it is killing me. I pray it gets out asap. Saw a big snake on the water and several lizards on the sidewalks. Bass will be smacking them soon!

Glad that some are staying open with the precautions. I would be going crazy if I couldn’t get on a course or boat to be outdoors with all this going on.
    Hit em straight!

5. Member
    We had implemented same measures: pin stays in hole, no rakes in bunkers, separate carts upon request and no more than four customers in shop at a time. We will close at midnight Friday the 27th until April 3rd and then reevaluate at that time.
    f

6. Member
    Closed all our county and city run courses. Unfortunately I worked at a county course.

7. Member
    Dang. That is what I am afraid of happening at our club.
    One confirmed case of member or staff and I would expect it to shutdown.
    I am sorry to hear of your course closings.
    If they are not willing to take those extra steps to stay open, then it is the right thing to shut down.
    Maybe even with the extra steps, maybe it is the right thing to shut down.
    We need to kick this virus ass!

8. Member
    Glad some of you are getting out.....fresh air is awesome. I may get out for nine today with wife..hope so...if not Im going to try and wash the car...will take awhile but wife would be happy. Heard coarse is busy.

Illinois was open yesterday then they closed them down. Place I played was walking only. They had a drop box to pay. Didn't play well but man it was great to be out.
    アルは、非常に良い人です。

Thew two courses where I play the most are still open. Pins stay in the hole, one person per cart, no rakes in the bunkers. My son went on Thursday, it was 70 here, and it was packed.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

The course I run has been super busy. Golf has been one of the activities that with the proper measures we can be safe. We have been very diligent in our sanitary efforts, we have removed all touch points on the golf course, added noodles to the hole to keep the ball up high and easy to grab, and are running single carts. Our staff has become OCD with keeping everything clean and we went cashless to limit exposure. Its been a few days since I ran a rounds report, but I have a feeling we are going to have one of the best March’s in many years. Our patrons have been very appreciative of us being open and taking these extra measures
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

All PA courses are shut down 2 weeks now
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    The course I run has been super busy. Golf has been one of the activities that with the proper measures we can be safe. We have been very diligent in our sanitary efforts, we have removed all touch points on the golf course, added noodles to the hole to keep the ball up high and easy to grab, and are running single carts. Our staff has become OCD with keeping everything clean and we went cashless to limit exposure. Its been a few days since I ran a rounds report, but I have a feeling we are going to have one of the best March’s in many years. Our patrons have been very appreciative of us being open and taking these extra measures
    Glad to hear you are thriving by complying! Our club manager and head pro are out cleaning/disinfecting carts as they have to turn them around for use as each 4some has 4 carts. The staff is trying very hard to keep it open and we certainly appreciate it. It was a gorgeous day outside on the course yesterday. I need the outdoors.

As Mike said, most Clarksville courses are closed. Was going to play the River course yesterday but couldn't get an answer at the clubhouse so they may be closed now. I fished at Barkley lodge state park Saturday and the park course and Arrowhead in Cadiz were open. Drove to Cadiz and playing Arrowhead, paid at window, one person per cart, no rakes, pins had noodles so no taking pins out. Very few people out so enjoyed a nice leisurely round.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

15. Member
    County courses within city limits just got closed.
    My club is outside city limits and in a different county and I guess we will find out today if it remains open.

16. Indiana Bass Club Moderator sc419795's Avatar
    Our course is open here in Raleigh. Similar to others. Foam inserts in cup so you can get to your ball easily if you sink your putt. Pins remains in cup. 1 per electric cart. Changes in the club house where there is a table placed in the door way where the register is, scanner for members. As long as people respect social distancing, this can work. Just hope some idiots don't ruin it for the rest of us.
    Steve
    2006 Sylvan Expedition Sport
    2006 Yamaha F150 TXR s/n 63P L 1041829

Most courses are closed here.

One of them was open last week, but they had the clubhouse closed. They did pull the rakes off, added foam blocks to the holes so you didn't have to pull the flags, and were cleaning carts between groups. Not sure if they are open this week.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Most are still open here, I played Sevierville Golf Club on Monday and they closed the course at 3pm until further notice.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB