Anyone here come from a bass cat to a falcon/ I also have questions on f195 w/ v8

I've owned several bcb in the past few years. Sabre ftd, caracal, and puma ftd currently with poles and 250 xs 2 stroke. I'm in the market as I need to make cosmetic repairs to my boat, but may just trade it and let a dealer deal with it. I originally wanted and its not removed from the table, an eyra. But I have been looking at the f195 with either 200 hp options of sho/ vs new proxs v8. Have any of you left bcb to falcon? It seems very family oriented as well which is its primary attraction point. I have even spoken with Tim and they are not too far of a drive from me. The f195 seems like the most economical rig, and most functional for my fishing waters. What speeds have the new v8 pro xs guys been getting? Any likes or dislikes about this model? I liked the more narrow model bcb's I've owned and don't think I would be intrested in any of the larger falcons.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

2. Member
    When you get it, I will meet you at wylie and go for a ride lol

Quote Originally Posted by bwhit162 View Post
    When you get it, I will meet you at wylie and go for a ride lol
    I can probably get us a better deal on a pair of them ....

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    I can probably get us a better deal on a pair of them ....
    Heck why don't you buy 2 then lol

5. Member
    I should be getting my stock 205 and 195 both with V8s, in the next few weeks, if the Rona doesn't hold em up. I used to be a cat dealer but am very excited to run these Falcons once I get em in stock. We are located in Monett Missouri 65708 my name is Jeff Davis. Shoot me a pm and I'll give you my cell number.

6. Member
    My partner and I just picked up a new 195 with the 200 V8 this morning thanks to Central Georgia Marine. Its in Vermont in a barn waiting to get broken in. This is the second Falcon that I have gotten from CGM. What we ask for and how we want it set up gets done to a T by Matt and the guys at this dealership at a very fair price. They deliver and make it easy!

7. Member
    Oh yes, the reason I really answered this post was to say that yes, I left a Bass Cat Cougar and went to a Falcon 205 and couldn't be happier.

8. Banned
    I test drove a new 195 with the new Merc 200. Two of us, minimal tackle, full fuel and empty livewells got us upper 60's. Would probably touch 70 with one person, maybe.

I really felt like this boat needs the 225. It just felt lacking.

9. Member
    Riccochet, upper 60s with 2 people seems very realistic to me. Most boats this size are right at those numbers as far as I know. Im sure there are faster ones. How was the handling, holeshot and how was it as a fishing platform? Did it have the standard Fury 23 on it? Any problem getting to full rpm? Very interested as my partners got that new one that hasn't gotten wet yet.

I spent a bunch of time at the Falcon display at the classic. They are beautiful boats and would be a close second choice behind BCB. My one and only hang up with them is the step to the rear deck is a bit high. For an agile person it is a non factor. I have bad knees due to sports when I was younger and my wife is the same way. It makes stepping on the seat the easiest way to get to the rear deck...we all LOVE it when that happens (sarcasm).

A great boat maker for sure!!!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fuelleak View Post
    Riccochet, upper 60s with 2 people seems very realistic to me. Most boats this size are right at those numbers as far as I know. Im sure there are faster ones. How was the handling, holeshot and how was it as a fishing platform? Did it have the standard Fury 23 on it? Any problem getting to full rpm? Very interested as my partners got that new one that hasn't gotten wet yet.
    My honest opinion. It wasn't everything the 205 is. Holeshot felt lacking, handling felt ok, didn't fish from it, but it felt stable when walking around on it while in the water. No idea what prop was on it. It just felt like it needed more power at all times. Like if it had a 225 it would have felt so much better. I compare it to a Phoenix 619. I'd say the 619 with a 200 is better in every way. It's a low to mid 70's boat even with a 200. The 195 did have a good ride, but I wouldn't say it's better than something like the 619 or 19TrX.

Again, that's my opinion. I don't see the 195 as being competitive against other boats in the same price range. I'd have to get a smokin deal on one to keep me out of a 619.

12. Member
    Thanks for that info Riccochet. We will see how this one acts. I suggested to the dealer that he put a Fury 21 on my partners boat but he said Falcon suggested a 23. My 205 has the 23 on it with 50 more hp and is less than 200lbs heavier so I was wondering if the 200 Pro XS could really spin the 23? Dealer said he would switch out the prop if my partner felt holeshot was lacking or it couldn't turn the required rpm.

13. Member
    It seems Richccochet may be spot on.
    The Falcon is a fine wide bodied rig.
    I did a quick comparison and it looks like the 195 would be closer to the BCB Caracal. Both in size and dry weight. 3inch length difference and 75lb dry weight. The Caracal is best with a 225 on the back.

The Phoenix he spoke of is more closely compared to the PII which is 300lbs lighter than the 195. 24-25 Fury is easily turned with top speeds in the low 70's. Both are rockets out the hole with very fast acceleration. I know because on blast off, everyone else is chasing me and my buddy with his Phoenix. Both have 200 hp Mercs. BUT they are both smaller boats than the 195 so performance will be substantially different than the aforementioned rigs.
    Its all in what you want from your rig. Coming from a Caracal you should be familiar with a wide deck 19 footer. Think Caracal with a 200.
    My guess is the 195 is probably a more budget friendly rig. Will be better with fuel consumption than your current 250 Cougar.

Happy shopping. Good place to be.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Thanks for the replies. Some got a little off topic but all good comparisons. BillsMarine, I know yall were long time cat dealers I hate that you left bcb. Im sure alot locally are saddened by that as well. As for the falcons I have not fully inspected one and have just glanced at them. I did get in a 819 pro which is more of a comparison. It was not constructed like a cat. I looked over a 920 and a caymas as well all very nice boats but I think I've been brand brain washed. I really like the layouts in all the cats and may end up back in one.