The Z19 Is Sidelined for a While

Monday I got the Z19 cleaned and prepped for its first outing of the year. Then the governor announces the "safer at home" plan. Part of it says adults over 65 and those with underlying medical conditions are required to stay home until April 30 with the exception of essential errands. My wife and I fit the first category. Today it was almost 80 degrees and I knew exactly where I could have probably caught some crappies. I decided to be the good citizen and stay home as directed, I guess that is the soldier in me. My favorite ramps are in Corps of Engineers parks and they are closed anyway. My wife has suffered with bronchitis most of her life so keeping her protected is my utmost concern.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

2. Member
    It's a tough pill to swallow but good for you for doing your part. Thank-you now and thank-you for your service to this country!

3. Member
    Congrats on the new boat, you are doing the right thing.

A new boat won't mean anything if your in the hospital dying, or your wife is gravely ill, just wait it out and hopefully all will be back to normal soon.

5. Member
    I guess I gave the impression the boat is new but I've actually had it for 2 years now. That doesn't make any difference as I still can't use it. I do get updates from the Oklahoma Wildlife Department and the one yesterday said all state lakes are open and kind of encouraged folks to get outdoors as one of the few safe means of recreation. I would think that social distancing would be very easy to do fishing as long as I'm by myself or with my wife. I would think it would be a much safer activity than doing a grocery run to Wal-Mart or Costco, even during their senior citizen hours. I did send an email to them asking about the conflict between the safer at home order and their encouraging the use of the lakes.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

6. Member
    Here in PA we don't have an order to stay home yet. I have been fishing and like yesterday i had a guy come over to chat and he kept his distance and i never even ask him he just did it on his own. As i kept my distance also. I am no scientist and know nothing about medicines, but if you can get this stuff out fishing on a boat in the middle of the lake then this is more dangerous that i know. Heck my place over work isn't closed and we have like 350 employees. I think we should be closed but i am a nobody.

7. Member
    jtrac I am with you. My Z21 was at the BPS service center the last two weeks. Trailer bunks were rotten. Got it back yesterday but I am staying home because I am 49 and have been a diabetic since I was three years old. Most of the lakes are flooded. Those that are not are getting pounded by fishermen since so many people are not working. Very strange times we are living in.

8. Member
    For the first time in a few years, I can get time off for the spawn - but as I'm considered essential, I cant go more than 30 miles from the Marine base I work on.............no complaints though, it is what it is, cant put my wife, or my Marines at risk.
    Nitro Z6 Optimax115 Elite HDI5 Bow 5x Pro Console

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coachmks View Post
    jtrac I am with you. My Z21 was at the BPS service center the last two weeks. Trailer bunks were rotten. Got it back yesterday but I am staying home because I am 49 and have been a diabetic since I was three years old. Most of the lakes are flooded. Those that are not are getting pounded by fishermen since so many people are not working. Very strange times we are living in.
    I love to fish Greenleaf but it is so small that more than 10 boats is a crowd. I also like using the Porum Landing ramp at Eufala but it is closed. Fort Gibson is 20+ feet above normal so most ramps are not open. Heck of a note. Tenkiller may be the best option as I think it is about 3 feet above normal.

I replaced my bunks last fall with some new treated lumber that I let dry all summer. I painted the boards with some black enamel and put on a set of Gatorbaks. A really good upgrade.
    Jim

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    I love to fish Greenleaf but it is so small that more than 10 boats is a crowd. I also like using the Porum Landing ramp at Eufala but it is closed. Fort Gibson is 20+ feet above normal so most ramps are not open. Heck of a note. Tenkiller may be the best option as I think it is about 3 feet above normal.

I replaced my bunks last fall with some new treated lumber that I let dry all summer. I painted the boards with some black enamel and put on a set of Gatorbaks. A really good upgrade.
    Tenkiller is 17' high.

Just curious, for those that have "closed" ramps...are you able to drop a kayak in and fish those same waters?
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

12. Member
    The wife and I took a drive to a couple of Corps lakes Tuesday. Most of the ramps I use are within a Corps campground. The gates were locked at 2 of 3 Corps campgrounds we drove by. If the gates are locked you can't get to the ramps. One was strangely open, not sure why since I thought they were all closed. Our state campgrounds are open which would include their ramps. We did go to one state park and it was open for business with about 10 trailers in the ramp parking area.
    Jim