Livescope question

I currently run HB. I’m very interested in adding livescope capabilities on the bow. Have done some research on units but figured I might get more info asking here. What would be a “basic” unit that would be compatible with livescope to purchase? Maybe in a 9” or so screen? And the livescope is a completely separate purchase...correct?

Because BassPro and others had a sale on it, the 93sv plus is a popular *basic* depth finder that's 9" diagonally and yes you need the LVS32 livescope transducer and black box to go with it.
    Jim
    Garmin 93 sv plus, LVS32
    Helix 10 SI Mega
    Helix 7 DI G2N
    20.5 Duracraft Center console
    Madison, Ms
    Vietnam Veteran 69-70

3. Member
    Jim
    If you are only running one Garmin unit up front, do you still need the black box? Is the box for networking other Garmin units?
    I have Lowrance right now and really don't want to start over but I want livescope at the bow.
    Thanks in advance to the replies!

4. Member
    You need the Black box for the Livescope to work.

5. Member
    Thanks Littleman!
    Since I would only be using it for Livescope...is it worth the price for Ultra? Being new to the technology, I don't want to pay for something if it won't make a difference on livescope (not using it for down/side scanning). A BBC sponsor has great deal on the 93sv bundle. I don't want to regret my purchase if Ultra is that much better for livescope only.
    Thanks!

6. Member
    Hi Sir,
    I started with the 93SV Livescope Bundle and after reading here how much clearer the Ultra was I sold my 93SV and bought a Garmin 126SV.It was truly amazing how much difference there was.The Ultra is AWESOME.The Ultra comes in both a 10" and 12" screen.The size of the screen makes a huge difference also.The 10" screen would be a huge improvement over the 93SV 9" screen .Hope this helps!
    Best Regards!
    Jed
    Last edited by Littleman2009; 03-26-2020 at 09:13 PM.

93sv+ and LS bundle is about $2000. There currently is a $200 rebate. That is the absolute cheapest setup for LS

It's what I use and I love it.