Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    My thoughts are, if you can, have the same unit on the bow as you have on the console, in case one takes a crap on you, seeing as most of the time the console unit is more important, its nice to see whats under you, those wing dams and rock piles don't care about lower units.

2. Member
    I like having SI on the trolling motor for many of the reasons listed on this thread. I have all depth finders set up the same way. In the event 1 unit would fail I still have the same options left, although on a different transducer location. I did add Ultrex 360 a couple of years ago and now I use 2d and 360 at bow exclusively. SI is still there as a backup should 360 fail.

3. Member
    The only con that I think of is that the transducer is bigger but that's minor in most cases. Other than that, I like using it up front. Don't use it as much as my di but still like having the capability of it.

4. Member
    I use SI at the bow a lot.
    Besides, ... there is no conning in fishing ...
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

5. Member
    select “right-side only” on the view

slowly rotate that head 270 degrees.

enjoy the “linear ”360” view right in front if you.
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by bentrod202 View Post
    I can't think of any pros but cons are the trolling is constantly moving and turning side to side making very difficult to see
    You can easily mount the transducer to the trolling motor such that it doesn't turn with the trolling motor. Pros are obviously having all the benefits that you have at that console at the bow as well. I actually had side scan, or structure scan as Lowrance calls it, at the bow for a year before I added it at the console. Having it both places I still use it more at the bow than at the console. Something I haven't seen pointed out is that when you are scanning from the console, it would be rather awkward to have a rod in your hand to cast to any targets that happen to present themselves while you are graphing. If you are graphing from the bow, you can easily target those fish that pop up on your sonar and not have to worry if they would still be there when you come back to fish. Trolling even at a slow speed is plenty to get a nice and clear picture with structure scan. I have found that as long as you are moving you will get a nice sharp image.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL 2004 Mercury 200 EFI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12