Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Closing all fishing

Understanding the severity of this pandemic is not an issue. It's serious! But the dumb state of Washington has closed all fishing of any kind until April 8 and possibly longer. Ticketing those that don't comply. Just curious if any other states are going this far.
    2017 Pheonix 919, 225 SHO,

2. Banned
    I would think that it's because they don't have the manpower/ workforce to keep the idiots apart. Stay home for 2 weeks then hopefully we can get back to business as usual

3. Member
    Missouri is letting you fish without a license!!

https://mdc.mo.gov/newsroom/mdc-temp...tarting-friday

Indiana is wanting you to go fishing. All tackle and gun stores are labeled as essential.

5. Member
    Sorry to hear that. I wish it wasn't the case for you. I took the wife and son out today on our home lake, which is about a twenty-minute drive. We left home and didn't stop till we got to the ramp. We saw 3 other boats on the water. The outside temp was in the mid-forties with a stiff 15 mph breeze. The water temp was 41 and the fishing was less than stellar. Despite the conditions, it was very therapeutic. Especially for our twelve-year-old son who has been cooped up for the past 14 days and counting. I am just grateful we still have fishing as an escape.

6. Member
    I will see around here Friday maybe. Friday night at 10 a new curfew is starting for this county. 10 to 5 am Monday through Friday, and 24 hours they say for Saturday and Sunday. But recreation and essentials are permitted. So hopefully the FWC doesn't close Tenoroc Fish Management Area.

7. Member
    Here in Arkansas, our Governor told everybody to go fishing. He said perfect time with some places shut down for fishing, hiking, anything outdoors. Friend and I went today and going tomorrow. 75 degrees today 85 tomorrow. Beautiful.

8. Banned
    We have a 38 acre private lake here, if they shut us down I'm going to fish every day.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadsolid View Post
    Understanding the severity of this pandemic is not an issue. It's serious! But the dumb state of Washington has closed all fishing of any kind until April 8 and possibly longer. Ticketing those that don't comply. Just curious if any other states are going this far.
    The boat ramps and choice bank fishing spots were getting crowded because all the people off work. Kind of went against the reason it happened in the first place. Commercial is not affected.

Are we talking about the same state ?

Why have we heard nothing about the spread in the homeless communities? I would thank they would be very high risk.

P01135809

12. Member
    I’m traveling 1.5 hrs to crappie fishing tomorrow. Will not stop anywhere to and from home except to launch.

13. Member
    Yep, my son & I went to Moses Lake last Sat, a good amt of boats at the launch from both sides of the state, not much action, from the ones we talked to . looking forward to May with no pressure now, still a good trip even though we didn't get a bass to the boat, & usually get a walleye & a carp there, 220 mile trip for us.

14. Member
    Some of the county owed parks and ramps are closed but the other ramps are still open.
    1995 Skeeter 200ZX, 1998 Mercury 200 (OG724176)
    2015 Ram 3500 dually Cummins G56
    The Bible

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    Why have we heard nothing about the spread in the homeless communities? I would thank they would be very high risk.
    Homeless people don't purchase fishing licenses?

16. Banned
    Phuckk inslee....now he deemed construction non essential....well, now we are going to head to a private lake on 500k acre farm. Phuckk you inslee...vote Culp

Still open as of now in Utah.

I hate Washington State....

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrackerPro16 View Post
    The boat ramps and choice bank fishing spots were getting crowded because all the people off work. Kind of went against the reason it happened in the first place. Commercial is not affected.
    I launched on Magnuson park Saturday and the launch was far from crowded. Most of the parks sure seem crowded though. Also the homeless food banks, that population certainly wasn’t observing social distancing today. Home Depot /pot shops / hiking trails busy. Just seems bizarre to shut fishing down out of all the allowed stuff. Here’s to hoping it’s only shut down for two weeks.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Still open as of now in Utah.

I hate Washington State....
    Politics yes... scenery and fishing is great. But it's being ruined

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clif Kincaid View Post
    Politics yes... scenery and fishing is great. But it's being ruined
    no state taxes sure is nice too. If we ever get that I’m looking to move.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast