Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 149
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    282
    #121
    Season closed until May 4th now. Up on the WDFW website but not on the facebook yet. Awful, the only state to close fishing while our governor just sent off a bunch of respirators to other states because of the lack of need.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

  2. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Olympia Washington
    Posts
    10,809
    #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Season closed until May 4th now. Up on the WDFW website but not on the facebook yet. Awful, the only state to close fishing while our governor just sent off a bunch of respirators to other states because of the lack of need.
    Governor ding dong only knows how to fish deep up Ferguson's back creek

  3. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    282
    #123
    Don't worry, the WDFW will tell us soon that we can enjoy the outdoor from our backyards birdwatching.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

  4. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    central oregon
    Posts
    1,423
    #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Season closed until May 4th now. Up on the WDFW website but not on the facebook yet. Awful, the only state to close fishing while our governor just sent off a bunch of respirators to other states because of the lack of need.
    Noooo! That's the week I come up and meet my buddies and hammer the big Smallmouth every year. It's literally my favorite fishing trip of the year! WTH is wrong with the idiots calling the shots in Washington right now?!
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

  5. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Olympia Washington
    Posts
    10,809
    #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Don't worry, the WDFW will tell us soon that we can enjoy the outdoor from our backyards birdwatching.
    Someone watches

  6. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Elm City, NC
    Posts
    8,109
    #126
    Hope they do not do it here because it is a way to get away and have a good time and be away from other people.very, very relaxing.

  7. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Olympia Washington
    Posts
    10,809
    #127
    Quote Originally Posted by gbsmallie View Post
    Noooo! That's the week I come up and meet my buddies and hammer the big Smallmouth every year. It's literally my favorite fishing trip of the year! WTH is wrong with the idiots calling the shots in Washington right now?!
    Your idiot will follow soon

  8. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Killen, Alabama
    Posts
    6,163
    #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    ...........But, most were fishing alone. I saw a few boats with two or three guys in them. But, they could have been family, as at least one of them was younger. When friends and I spoke, we stayed well away from each other. The vast majority were social distancing.
    This is what I’ve noticed on the lakes around here as well. It was good to see the number of what I presume to be husbands and wives, and those with children fishing. I know this whole “social distancing” and financial difficulties associated with COVID19 are terrible, but maybe it’s a way to hit the reset on family values and spending quality family time together.
    Last edited by AveryF; 04-07-2020 at 11:52 AM.

  9. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    florence,al
    Posts
    77
    #129
    Caught 40 spots on Smith Lake yesterday��

  10. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Command Center
    Posts
    153
    #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadsolid View Post
    Understanding the severity of this pandemic is not an issue. It's serious! But the dumb state of Washington has closed all fishing of any kind until April 8 and possibly longer. Ticketing those that don't comply. Just curious if any other states are going this far.
    And Pennsylvania just opened trout season 11 days early and by surprise.. Probably to avoid the normal shoulder-to-shoulder angling that happens on the Opening Days. :)
    lds
    ___________________________________________
    “When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe.”

    --John Muir from his book My First Summer In The Sierra

  11. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    CDA, Idaho
    Posts
    1,280
    #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Clif Kincaid View Post
    Your idiot will follow soon
    God I hope our idiot doesn’t follow suit. Don’t think that will happen as we just suspended all sales of non res licenses. Man I would be pissed though as I’m just now getting more mobile from my Achilles surgery. Hope to be on the water in 10 days or so.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

  12. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    282
    #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    God I hope our idiot doesn’t follow suit. Don’t think that will happen as we just suspended all sales of non res licenses. Man I would be pissed though as I’m just now getting more mobile from my Achilles surgery. Hope to be on the water in 10 days or so.
    I think he was talking about Oregon. Idaho fish and game seems to do a pretty good job and has a decent relationship with its sportsman. Wdfw is just a mess. I’ve had co workers that moved from different states that are just baffled by the complexity of our hunting/fishing regs. We need a shakeup with wdfw.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

  13. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Clyde,nc
    Posts
    864
    #133
    I went fishing this morning. If I were you I would find out how much ticket is.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

  14. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    CDA, Idaho
    Posts
    1,280
    #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I think he was talking about Oregon. Idaho fish and game seems to do a pretty good job and has a decent relationship with its sportsman. Wdfw is just a mess. I’ve had co workers that moved from different states that are just baffled by the complexity of our hunting/fishing regs. We need a shakeup with wdfw.
    Yeah, I knew he was. Just hoping we don’t follow suit. Don’t think we will as Idaho has an ok grasp on fish and wildlife.
    Fully agree that wdfw is a complete mess. There is some great fishing just over the border from me but I refuse to give them my money. Feel for you guys over there, especially right now.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

  15. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Xenia, Ohio
    Posts
    7,276
    #135
    local guy driving to tn to fish towing a bassboat was turned around by ky state police 5 minutes into ky from Ohio?? was on a federal highway also when stopped? seems like grounds for a lawsuit to me? aclu mostly worthless but this is what they started up for to correct I believe??
    Last edited by mactlman; 04-07-2020 at 06:46 PM.
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new)
    200 hp Rude ficht -re200flssh
    twin 12 ft. talons-blue water leds
    lms520c--hds7-hds9 gen2
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    bravo1 fs croxtonized
    proud dad of an ARMY Lieutenant.
    proud uncle of an ARMY Sergeant
    member of "team deplorable" MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

  16. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    282
    #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    Yeah, I knew he was. Just hoping we don’t follow suit. Don’t think we will as Idaho has an ok grasp on fish and wildlife.
    Fully agree that wdfw is a complete mess. There is some great fishing just over the border from me but I refuse to give them my money. Feel for you guys over there, especially right now.
    See, a guy living where you do I’m sure would be happy to pay for a nonresident fishing license to hit the Pend Orielle river, long lake etc. The terrible wdfw and the greed with overpriced non resident tags and terrible management keeps you from fishing here.

    it’s the same thing with hunting. We have a beautiful diverse landscapes with mule deer, black tail, whitetail, Roosevelt and Rocky Mountain elk, all three species of turkeys. Yet it really isn’t known as a destination for non-resident hunters and fisherman. I think the wdfw has a lot to do with that.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

  17. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Olympia Washington
    Posts
    10,809
    #137
    20200407_165629.jpg

    I chose 9 for the Jon14...2 more days of walking on dirt before I'm floating on liquid dirt.

  18. Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    NW Washington State
    Posts
    561
    #138
    WDFW sucks the big one but the Governor is 100 times worse!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  19. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    CDA, Idaho
    Posts
    1,280
    #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    See, a guy living where you do I’m sure would be happy to pay for a nonresident fishing license to hit the Pend Orielle river, long lake etc. The terrible wdfw and the greed with overpriced non resident tags and terrible management keeps you from fishing here.

    it’s the same thing with hunting. We have a beautiful diverse landscapes with mule deer, black tail, whitetail, Roosevelt and Rocky Mountain elk, all three species of turkeys. Yet it really isn’t known as a destination for non-resident hunters and fisherman. I think the wdfw has a lot to do with that.
    I used to buy my annual but stopped several years ago when they netted the PO river out of Usk. Fished long, the PO, moses, pot holes a ton. Same with Roosevelt for walleye. Our fishing is amazing but I do miss those fisheries.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

  20. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    282
    #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    I used to buy my annual but stopped several years ago when they netted the PO river out of Usk. Fished long, the PO, moses, pot holes a ton. Same with Roosevelt for walleye. Our fishing is amazing but I do miss those fisheries.
    I missed the glory years of the PO river. Heard the bass and pike fishing was amazing before they netted the crap out of it. WDFW has such an open contempt for warm water species its just brutal. They would rather poison a decent bass lake and only have planted trout everywhere.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast