looking at boat in illinois

I'm looking at a boat in illinois and thinking of picking up friday. I've got about 80 miles each way in the state, will this be ok, or are they stopping people from travel? Will be coming into the state from Iowa. All local hiways.

2. Member
    DNR just posted we can fish legal, accessible lakes so I think you'd be fine

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

3. Member
    You will be fine. They aren’t stopping people or closing the highways.

4. Member
    It was all bullshit. There are absolutely no new road restrictions due to Covid 19.

5. Member
    It's nice thou , lot less traffic ! Lot of dog walkers

6. Member
    Should be less traffic. I have not moved my truck in 5 days. The cops aren't pulling people over so you should be fine.

7. Member
    With today's computers and electronics its a good idea to start your vehicle every couple days to keep your battery fresh.
    Please release me,let me go.

8. Member
    Think about this for a minute: Sure I want to fish BUT

"If Public Health called tomorrow and told you that you have tested positive for COVID-19 and asked you to list all the places you had been and all the people you had contact with for the last 14 days - would you be proud of yourself, or embarrassed by your actions?"

No need to comment, just think about it. Is it really necessary to get that boat or go fishing right at this moment?

9. Member
    Don't see why not if you are fishing by yourself and don't have contact with anyone to and from the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    Think about this for a minute: Sure I want to fish BUT

"If Public Health called tomorrow and told you that you have tested positive for COVID-19 and asked you to list all the places you had been and all the people you had contact with for the last 14 days - would you be proud of yourself, or embarrassed by your actions?"

No need to comment, just think about it. Is it really necessary to get that boat or go fishing right at this moment?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fencepanda View Post
    Don't see why not if you are fishing by yourself and don't have contact with anyone to and from the lake.
    Gas Pumps, convenience stores, bathrooms and even simply having someone put the boat in for you. Think about everything you touch, if your happy with it then by all means have at it.

11. Member
    Wash your hands, bring a snack and launch boat by yourself. Not trying to be a smart ass, but use common sense and you'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    Gas Pumps, convenience stores, bathrooms and even simply having someone put the boat in for you. Think about everything you touch, if your happy with it then by all means have at it.