Thread: Z520 ultrex ??

Z520 ultrex ??

Friend bought my z520. He bought a ultrex for it. What do guys do to get mount to fit. Seems wider then my fortrex. And lower hitting the switch panel. Do they make a plate to raise it?

2. Member
    Is there a difference in shaft length between the Ultrex and the old Fortrex? If the same length, they should be interchangeable.

3. Member
    Shouldn’t be anything different. Not sure if shaft length changes would matter but they’re the same mount. Swapped my Fortrex last year.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

I swapped a Fortrex out for an Ultrex. It was a direct replacement. I didn't have to make any mods, used the same mounting holes.

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois

Should be a direct swap. His cover probably isn't going to fit too well any more however.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBassr View Post
    Should be a direct swap. His cover probably isn't going to fit too well any more however.
    On my 205vx I removed the front butt seat and replaced it with a piece of PVC pipe with a PVC end cap (Rounded) that is 6" shorter that the butt seat was high. This allowed enough play too make it fit over my 45" Ultrex and still shed water. I also remove the prop and cover the shaft with a towel to protect the cover.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Quote Originally Posted by FireBassr View Post
    Mine fits fine. I just make sure the control head is pointed toward the centerline. It's a tight fit but it works.

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois

8. Member
    Buy a piece of 1/2" thick starboard and trim it to fit your Ultrex base, and drill mounting holes. That will raise it up enough to clear the bow panel shroud

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360