A-60 Brake Actuator Question

I need to remove my A-60 Brake Actuator from my 2019 Marine Master Triton trailer to replace the Breakaway brake cable.

I was wondering if anybody had any tips and tricks to make this job easier?

thanks

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Get a wooden dowel close to the same diameter as the pins. Cut them off so they fit in the actuator without sticking out. As the pin is pushed out, put a dowel piece in each hole to help keep things together when you take the actuator out. Reverse when putting it back together.

Here’s a link to a post by Dennis Backus who worked at UFP. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=1#post1617788 He doesn’t do the dowel trick, but either way will work.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Scraps
    Bleed the master cylinder when reassembling. Maybe they changed on their later trailers and put bleeders on each caliper. I hope so, I've added them to mine as I could not get all four calipers applying brakes until I added the bleeders. If not I would get in touch with MM and have them send you the kit. Otherwise straightforward. Just don't spill any brake fluid. You absolutely need a set of snap ring pliers to get the pins out.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Get a wooden dowel close to the same diameter as the pins. Cut them off so they fit in the actuator without sticking out. As the pin is pushed out, put a dowel piece in each hole to help keep things together when you take the actuator out. Reverse when putting it back together.

Here’s a link to a post by Dennis Backus who worked at UFP. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=1#post1617788 He doesn’t do the dowel trick, but either way will work.
    Major Tip ^^
    Also I've seen times those pins had GROWN in place. If so give a shout I'll show you a neat trick with a large C clamp short piece of pipe and a hammer.
    Also works great for removing Shackle bolts so you don't bend the hangers ..

5. Member
    Thanks for all the tips, I will be tackling this job on Saturday,

6. Member
    OK, I replaced the Brake Cable, alittle tricky, but not too hard, probably should take a few pictures before removing the master cylinder from the inner member , the instructions above and using the dowels helped quite a bit.

When all done, i did not lose much fluid, I bled the Master cylinder per the above instructions, but i still needed to bleed the brakes.

I used a vacuum pump to suck the fluid thru the caliper bleeders, one man job, made it alot easier to do.

thanks for the help.