Nitro bow plate sonar mounting

I have a z19 nitro, currently running a helix 9 g2n with factory bracket directly into the bow panel beside the trim switches. Seems solid enough to me, ran it for two season haven’t had any issues. Looks like this plastic material has some good thickness to it, don’t recall off hand now as it’s been in storage since last year. Anyways I’m planning on adding a helix 10 g3n to bow as well and was looking at the precision sonar over under mount, question is do I need the bow replacement panel that replaces the factory panel or is the factory panel sufficient? I find it hard to imagine screws ripping through that plastic but wondered what everyone had to say.

2. Member
    Ps recommend the bow plate to me and I'm sure others. On mine it went over the starboard plate already there. The dual mount is heavy and super rugged. I would add the bow plate
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

Yea, add the bow plate.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

4. Member
    I wouldn't screw into the factory panel but a bolt with a washer/nut on the backside should be sufficient. However, if the precision sonar replacement panel looks and fits good then I would probably get it anyway.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

5. Member
    I'm running dual 12's on my Z20 without the plate. Done it on last 4 boats without any problem. That front plate is plenty strong, just use large flat washers and nylock nuts on the bottom.

I would say your issue maybe the screws coming loose on the plastic panel. I think the plastic is rigid enough.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team