Thread: Pool 13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pool 13

Anybody been on Pool 12 or 13 yet? Water temp would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Member
    I haven't heard of anybody fishing the river yet. By past experience my guess would be upper 40's in back waters right now. Sunshine would push it in the low 50's. Spring Lake would be tough to get bit. Might get some fish in Brown's on rocks or ditches.
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rips LEGEND View Post
    I haven't heard of anybody fishing the river yet. By past experience my guess would be upper 40's in back waters right now. Sunshine would push it in the low 50's. Spring Lake would be tough to get bit. Might get some fish in Brown's on rocks or ditches.
    Thanks,I appreciate it.

4. Member
    Headed there in may from idaho. When does it usually flood? I grew up fishing it being from sterling but i dont remember much of it.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazerguy View Post
    Headed there in may from idaho. When does it usually flood? I grew up fishing it being from sterling but i dont remember much of it.
    The last few years anywhere from March to October! It's right at flood stage now. The spring melt is coming down early and should be through here in a couple weeks. It's all about rain in northern states now that will determine how long it stays high. We've been dealing with high levels as the norm for a few summers now. That doesn't slow the bite much though. If you don't show up to the scales with a 20 lbs bag you're probably not getting a check. It's amazing the number of 4lb+ fish caught in pool 13!

I don't know if the Savanna marina is open. The Savanna Park District web page is a few years behind... Facebook page, too. If you would like to avoid dirty water and high current you might go direct to the big back waters... and be patient and slow. The fish are there. Meanwhile, I am at home.
    3/29/2020

Latest Stage 14.83 Ft.
    24 Hr. Change +0.06 Ft.
    Tomorrow's Forecast
    (Issued 03/29/2020 02:55)
    15.30 Ft.
    Last Year's Stage 17.06 Ft.
    Today's Historic Normal Stage 8.70 Ft.
    Today's Historic Max Stage 18.10 Ft.
    Today's Historic Min Stage 3.10 Ft.
    Latest Pool Level 15.34 Ft.
    24 Hr. Change +0.05 Ft.
    Last Year's Pool Level 17.57 Ft.
    Latest Flow 150,070 CF

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

7. Member
    Spring Lake campground should be open but I haven't heard anybody fishing up there yet. His ramp can never flood and he's got lots of parking. When I hunt up his number I'll post it here.

8. Member
    Spring Lake Campground is open. It's south of Savanna on Rt. 84. He charges $5 ramp fee.

9. Member
    Spring Lake Campground is closed.Boat ramp too

10. Member
    Yeah he sent me a new text a couple days ago saying that he ad been shut down by the state. Big Slough ramp is open.

Latest Data
    04/07/2020 09:00 Central
    Latest Stage 16.74 Ft.
    24 Hr. Change +0.53 Ft.
    Tomorrow's Forecast
    (Issued 04/07/2020 01:27)
    17.10 Ft.
    Last Year's Stage 20.77 Ft.
    Latest Pool Level 17.27 Ft.
    24 Hr. Change +0.54 Ft.
    Last Year's Pool Level 21.29 Ft.
    Latest Flow M
    24 Hr. Precip Total 0.03 In.
    Latest Air Temp 50 °F
    Latest Water Temp 49 °F
    Latest Wind Info 1 MPH NNE
    Gusts at 2 MPH

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

12. Member
    Thanks hooksetter - i really appreciate the info on 13 . I make it my home water now and im trying to learn all about it . looks like the pre bite should be on as we hit the 50s in water temp.

13. Member
    Went to Spring Lake today. Water temps upper 50s to 61.5. Caught 6 bass and 2 big northerns so it was worth the trip!

14. Member
    Just curious, how many boats were fishing it ? My home pool 18 is not a good high water pool. I haven"t fished Spring Lake since the late 90s, thinking about going, it use to be great crappie fishing also. Fished a tournament there and caught so many crappies we went back that Monday for crappies.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown angler View Post
    Just curious, how many boats were fishing it ? My home pool 18 is not a good high water pool. I haven"t fished Spring Lake since the late 90s, thinking about going, it use to be great crappie fishing also. Fished a tournament there and caught so many crappies we went back that Monday for crappies.
    The Big Slough ramp parking lot was almost full when I got there yesterday. I assume the same today. Probably around 40 boats. I've always had a hard time in there until late April. Some really good bass guys were there yesterday and caught very little. I caught 2 on a jig in a spot then went back later and got 4 more on a tube. Had that area all to myself which is rare! Spring Lake is better with high water I've always thought.

16. Member
    Yep, Spring Lake is a great high water spot. Millers lake use to be good also, don't know anymore it's been awhile since I was up that way. Thanks for the info.

17. Member
    is millers crossing ramp open ?

18. Member
    If you're talking about Palisades I would think it's flooded. You can call the park.

19. Member
    thanks, yep thats the one , but i thought all state parks where closed so i didnt think anyone would be there to answer . ill try

The Palisades ramp is there, and like RIP said is probably flooded. The water gets up into the parking area. That old marina has been abandoned for years and has no maintenance. Like any section of water - when the conditions are right, Millers can be good. When the water gets up in the trees we've had some luck .. I've never had much luck on the pads in Millers - some, but not much.

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast