Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Mine arrived yesterday. They are probably just a little overwhelmed, but I wouldn't expect any issues.
    2023 Lund 2075 Pro V Bass XS
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 250 4S

Still really good deals through the Tackle Trap right now on Dobyns rods if you missed out on this sale...use code BBC10 at check out.

Dobyns still have this deal is you call them direct ?

4. Member
    What is a good deal? I have had some good deals, but I don't know what some of you call a good deal.

5. Member

Dobyns

Quote Originally Posted by weedsnager View Post
    Dobyns still have this deal is you call them direct ?
    Yes, last week though

Quote Originally Posted by gambler1 View Post
    Yes, last week though
    Ok good deal
    It’s been a while since I’ve dealt with them
    their office is in Texas now ?
    Last edited by weedsnager; 03-31-2020 at 11:51 PM.

7. Member
    Guys I am looking to replace all my veritas rods with dobyns fury rods if they will still do 40% off when I call. I want to keep it simple maybe the 702 and 703 for spinning but what 5 or 6 casting rods do you think would cover all bases? Please reply with model and what you would throw with it.

8. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blzngmarine View Post
    Guys I am looking to replace all my veritas rods with dobyns fury rods if they will still do 40% off when I call. I want to keep it simple maybe the 702 and 703 for spinning but what 5 or 6 casting rods do you think would cover all bases? Please reply with model and what you would throw with it.
    Not sure there’s a better series of rods at that price point... I’ll only speak to models I own:

795SB - for all but the larger swimbaits/glidebaits; serviceable as A-rig/mag crank rod.

705CB - really good all-around crankbait rod; 1.5 squarebills/medium divers; also good with jerkbaits, lipless cranks and topwater walking/popping baits.

734/735C (depending on your preference) - most versatile rods in the lineup; will handle everything from T- and C-rigged plastics, to frogs, jigs, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, flukes, big cranks, etc.

765flip - only if you need a heavier duty CQB stick.

Make me choose only two for any given day... Easy; 705 and 734.

Hope that helps.
    Who controls John Gill?

9. Member
    The good news is my two rods arrived today from FedEx. The bad news is my two rods are in 4 pieces. Too late in the day to do anything but file a claim with FedEx. I have never had to handle a broken shipment before, any tips for the quickest resolution?

10. Member
    I have never had to handle a broken shipment before, any tips for the quickest resolution?
    I actually bought a rod from Sporstman Oufitters a couple years ago and it was broken. They actually didn't even try to deliver it. I would get ahold of Sportsman Outfitters. I've always had good luck with them!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkainoa View Post
    I actually bought a rod from Sporstman Oufitters a couple years ago and it was broken. They actually didn't even try to deliver it. I would get ahold of Sportsman Outfitters. I've always had good luck with them!
    I sent them an email tonight. I dealt with them once last year with an issue with a Revo and the customer service was awesome. Crossing fingers for a similar result. Just gonna say though for a guy who uses mainly $100 rods, a broken Champion is a sad sight haha.

12. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    FYI update, via email a few minutes ago...

Hello,

First let me say that I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe during this time.

I am writing to let everyone know that we appreciate your business and your patience during this time. Our Dobyn’s rod promo was such a success, that it put us behind several days on getting all of the orders processed. I assure you that if you placed an order for rods with us, your order has either already been shipped, or will be shipped very soon. Some of you have already received your rods, and some of you may receive your rods before you receive your tracking information.

I apologize for the delay, and this is certainly not normal for us. All orders that were placed for non-Dobyns items still shipped with 1 business day, and all future orders will be handled the same way.

Again, I thank you very much for your business and for your patience during this time. Everyone is working hard to get you the product you ordered, and we will continue to do so until all orders are filled.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at customercare@sportsmansoutfitters.com .

Thank you!

Jamie Thomas
    Sportsman's Outfitters
    Who controls John Gill?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstacks7 View Post
    The good news is my two rods arrived today from FedEx. The bad news is my two rods are in 4 pieces. Too late in the day to do anything but file a claim with FedEx. I have never had to handle a broken shipment before, any tips for the quickest resolution?
    Take good pictures of packaging and rods. SO might need them to make a claim.

I ordered min on Saturday. Emailed Tuesday and they said all rods should go out by Wednesday. Still shows nothing on order status. I understand that they sold a lot of rods but they need to be a little more proactive in their communications and little more objective in their estimates.

14. Member
    I ordered two rods, got a shipment notification for two rods...only one rod was in the tube.

A buddy of mine ordered several rods, got shipment notification for all the rods...but was short one.

hmm...

15. Member
    Got mine in yesterday.

16. Member
    I just ordered another rod about 5 minutes ago but this time directly from Dobyns. Still got 40% off but had to pay $25.00 shipping, which is fair. I ordered 2 last week from Sportsman Outfitters and got them both this week in separate shipments.

The gal I just spoke to at Dobyns said she would expect it to ship around the end of next week (that would be around the date of 4/10), or the beginning of the week after that. So they are still working on orders. I also got the same email that "hatcreek" got (post #92 of this thread), even thought I have already received both rods I ordered. Good luck guys!

17. Member
    Have made 4 separate orders since the deal dropped - Received 3 already with the last due to arrive today! I'm set for a LONG time!

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    FYI update, via email a few minutes ago...

Hello,

First let me say that I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe during this time.

I am writing to let everyone know that we appreciate your business and your patience during this time. Our Dobyn’s rod promo was such a success, that it put us behind several days on getting all of the orders processed. I assure you that if you placed an order for rods with us, your order has either already been shipped, or will be shipped very soon. Some of you have already received your rods, and some of you may receive your rods before you receive your tracking information.

I apologize for the delay, and this is certainly not normal for us. All orders that were placed for non-Dobyns items still shipped with 1 business day, and all future orders will be handled the same way.

Again, I thank you very much for your business and for your patience during this time. Everyone is working hard to get you the product you ordered, and we will continue to do so until all orders are filled.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at customercare@sportsmansoutfitters.com .

Thank you!

Jamie Thomas
    Sportsman's Outfitters
    I got the same e-mail today also.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkainoa View Post
    I ordered 2 last week from Sportsman Outfitters and got them both this week in separate shipments.
    Just curious if you got one shipment notification even though they came in two separate shipments. Thanks!

20. Member
    Just curious if you got one shipment notification even though they came in two separate shipments. Thanks!
    Yes I just got one notification. So I figured they were both being shipped together. But they weren't. So I was going to call them to find out what was going on with my second rod, but a shipping notification popped up after the 1st one was delivered letting me know that I had another one coming the following day. But I don't remember seeing anything about the second one, until the first one was delivered??

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast