Banned

Prop to Pad Set Up Advice....

Hey guys, I had a new Yamaha F150LB installed on my ranger z118 this past December. The season is approaching and I wanted to get a starting point on a prop to pad set up. I had my merc opti pro xs dialled in, and for the life of me I can't remember what the measumant was. Anyone running this set up, or anyone have a good starting point?

thx all...

2. Member
    3.25 to 3.5 inches

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    3.25 to 3.5 inches
    it was 3.5” from the dealer. I moved it up to 3”. I’ll test it out as soon as I can and go from there

4. Member
    A lot of that depends on what prop you will run and whether that yammie has low water pick ups,but 3.5 under is always a good starting point.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    A lot of that depends on what prop you will run and whether that yammie has low water pick ups,but 3.5 under is always a good starting point.
    I’ll give it a try. I remember my merc was up high and it performed well on this hull

6. Member
    The Yamaha and Mercury gear cases are diferent, in the past you could run the Yamaha's slightly higher.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    The Yamaha and Mercury gear cases are diferent, in the past you could run the Yamaha's slightly higher.
    I noticed it has longer water intakes. Much larger then what my old opti pro xs had.