24 Fury Out of the Box

Guys,

What's your experience with a 24 Fury out of the box? The reason I ask is, I bought a brand new one and can only turn it 5900 rpm's on a 250 Merc 4s. I was turning a 25 close to that. I was thinking about sending it in to Lanier prop to have them B&B and lab finish it. Thoughts?

Personally, If I was going to send it out, I would have Mark Croxton Or Ronnie Gilbert do the work.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Personally, If I was going to send it out, I would have Mark Croxton Or Ronnie Gilbert do the work.
    Lanier is the only one that uses an MRI machine to blueprint the Prop’s and the last prop I had Mark do didn’t run for crap. I think he has some help now and there’s a good chance he never touched my prop personally, which is certainly understandable for a guy his age. If I knew he was going to do it personally, I would most definitely send it to him. At this point I’m going to try another shop.

4. Member
    Man that makes me nervous as I just got a prop back from Mark.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Mark is top notch have never heard a single complaint about his props and if he does have someone working for him, he wouldnt let a prop out of his shop thats isnt up to his high standards

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Mark is top notch have never heard a single complaint about his props and if he does have someone working for him, he wouldnt let a prop out of his shop thats isnt up to his high standards
    I’m not saying he’s not. I’ve been sending him props for a long time and every experience up until my last two were awesome. He’s busy as hell and in his mid 60’s, it’s hard work and I’m not blaming him if he has someone helping him. Prop work is an art and even if I was Monet, I couldn’t tell someone else to paint as good as me.

Quote Originally Posted by eatmywake View Post
    Guys,

What's your experience with a 24 Fury out of the box? The reason I ask is, I bought a brand new one and can only turn it 5900 rpm's on a 250 Merc 4s. I was turning a 25 close to that. I was thinking about sending it in to Lanier prop to have them B&B and lab finish it. Thoughts?
    Fury props just suck out of the box, they all need work. No mention of boat, setup, loading and elevation so it is difficult to advise, however many need a 23 for that motor. Call Mark or Ronnie and provide all the baseline info and have one of them set the prop for your rig
    Do not get to hung up on this guy has a computer to measure the prop, this means absolutely nothing to me and shouldn't to you. Far better off with the prop guy that knows what to change on your prop and setup to achieve the desired results. Some times it does require repeated adjustments to get right. Sometimes we as customers fail to provide accurate info to them or fully explain what our personal goals are
    It is always better to work a prop up in pitch vs down as this give the prop guy more and better options for better performance
    Last edited by lpugh; 03-30-2020 at 09:52 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh