Stay at home ordered

City of Franklin was put on lock down today. I've got Friday off to go fishing alone... was planning on going to dale hollow. I've read the guidelines but I can't come to a clear answer. Am I allowed to social distance myself?
    Last edited by Bassakwards; 03-24-2020 at 06:35 PM.

2. Member
    Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier but I talked to my cousin a sheriff. He said go for it just don't do it in Franklin or Davidson county.

3. Member
    based on the amount of boats on Dale lately it's hard to be distant from anyone!!!!

Good luck, hope you have a great trip

4. Banned
    Idiot berke in Chattanooga decreed the same thing. I'll be fishing the lower end of nasty Nick this Friday.

Bill

5. Member
    They extended it here, as expected but looks like fishing is an essential activity. So the wife and I will be socially distancing ourselves at the lake again this weekend, too.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    City of Franklin was put on lock down today. I've got Friday off to go fishing alone... was planning on going to dale hollow. I've read the guidelines but I can't come to a clear answer. Am I allowed to social distance myself?
    I'm in Franklin and plan on taking my son to Woods tomorrow -- no stops, house to ramp to house. Based on what I've read on Franklin's city website, you are allowed to walk, run, walk your dog...anything that doesn't involve multiple people and that takes place outside.

I did feel somewhat guilty about going to Priest the other day. Again, my son and I went house to ramp to house but the ramps were slammed with people milling around which was alarming.

I'm all for everything they are recommending but I'm also comfortable that I'm not going to put myself, son, or others in harm's way by fishing and making a point not to leave any sort of "footprint."

7. Member
    Looks like with the Governors new mandate fishing and any other outdoor activity is done.
    I'm just glad I went yesterday.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

TWRA says their stuff is still open. Question is, what about the lakes like Old Hick and Priest? They're COE lakes.

9. Member
    https://www.tva.gov/coronavirus?fbcl...JA1tl6AKqlaSAA

The way I read it, it looks like priest and Old Hick will be open just not TVA run boat ramps.

10. Member
    TWRA boat ramps may be open but you can't use them based of the new mandate issued yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin389 View Post
    TWRA says their stuff is still open. Question is, what about the lakes like Old Hick and Priest? They're COE lakes.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shortstick View Post
    TWRA boat ramps may be open but you can't use them based of the new mandate issued yesterday.

Mike, FYI: The mandate (EO23) issued yesterday is, essentially, an addendum to EO22. ALL of EO22 is still valid, and fishing is allowed according to EO22 - section 8, I believe.
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

12. Member
    I checked the TWRA web site and this is what it said
    Update from Chairman of the Tennessee Wildlife Commission, Kurt Holbert, "Governor Lee’s Executive Orders 22 and 23 identify outdoor activity as an essential activity provided that individuals follow Health Guidelines. As the Chairman of the Tennessee Fish and Wildlife Commission, I want to assure all hunters and fishers that Tennessee’s turkey hunting season will open Saturday as scheduled and public lands controlled by the TWRA will remain open. Likewise, Tennessee’s lakes and rivers and the access areas controlled by the TWRA will remain open to anglers and recreational boaters."

Quote Originally Posted by NoZero View Post
    Mike, FYI: The mandate (EO23) issued yesterday is, essentially, an addendum to EO22. ALL of EO22 is still valid, and fishing is allowed according to EO22 - section 8, I believe.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

13. Member
    Is there a problem with being from out of state and fishing in Tennessee. A friend of mine has a house on Dale Hollow and he and I were going to head down on the 12th. We are driving from Ohio and not making any stops till we are at his house.

14. Banned
    The state has a shelter in place decree as of midnight tonight. The interstate shouldn't be a problem but surface streets being watched by LEO and seeing a boat from out of state could mean you'll leave more of your money here than you planned too.

But hey, you only live once right.

Bill

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clearwater View Post
    Is there a problem with being from out of state and fishing in Tennessee. A friend of mine has a house on Dale Hollow and he and I were going to head down on the 12th. We are driving from Ohio and not making any stops till we are at his house.
    You might look real hard at what Kentucky is doing if you plan to head south. They've told residents not to cross state lines unless it's for work. You might get forced to turn around if you attempt the trip. Personally I wouldn't cross state lines right now

16. Member
    Thanks for the response. This will be the first time in the last 18 years l will not be on Dale in April. I'm going to stay here in Ohio and try to catch some 12" bass

17. Member
    I can tell you that Old Hickory today was like mid-summer in a normal non-COVID year. If it floated it was on the lake and 5+ people were in it.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clearwater View Post
    i would 100% go, we just went for 3 days. You will not get stopped or bothered. Just use common sense and you will be fine. Going fishing is social distancing at its best. Fishing is very good right now as well. Lots and lots of fish on the beds right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    I can tell you that Old Hickory today was like mid-summer in a normal non-COVID year. If it floated it was on the lake and 5+ people were in it.
    Hick was like that on Saturday to. Ended up on Priest yesterday, with everybody else in Nashville. At leas the fish bit better on Priest. Got enough crappie for a few meals.

20. Member
    I've been on the Cumberland River (launching in a city park) twice this week. Most of the multi people boats appear to be families. I've only seen a couple of wakeboard rigs that appeared to have people from multiple families riding around. I rode down the ramp Sunday, just out riding around to get out of the house. The ramp was PACKED with boat trailers. Monday and Wednesday were busier than a normal weekday, but it wasn't crazy. The police are always patrolling our city park. If nothing else they love to write tickets since the speed limit is 15 MPH and the ramp is at the back of the park.