Nitro Z20 Dash Panel/Guage Shroud Stains

Just curious if anybody else has run into this issue, and if they've found a way to resolve it. I have 2018 nitro Z20 with dual consoles. It's been outside with the cover on and off while I'm building a garage, and its been raining on and off (boat is only a year old and was garaged by previous owner, and its always covered if its going to rain). The other day I took the cover off, and the black vinyl dash instrument panels that hold the gauges and switches had pretty bad white stays wherever condensation and any water had sat on there (I'll add pics here shortly). I about threw up, it almost looked like bleach got spilled on them. I tried cleaning them up with armor all, and it helped a little, but they still had stains where any moisture had sat on or run down the black vinyl dash pad (I'm assuming 'm getting condensation under the cover due to lack of air movement). Left the cover off and went in the house for an hour and when I came back out, the stained spots on the instrument panels had started to fade out and go away..... Never had this on my Z8, and I'm afraid they will just stay this way eventually. Anybody have this problem with their Nitros?
    Last edited by Willie 2.0; 03-24-2020 at 04:22 PM.

2. Member
    it happens often in wet weather. They go away when it dries

3. Member
    Let it dry and clean it up with 303 protectant and it should be fine. Also, I would avoid putting Armor All on anything. After seeing what did to dash boards from the 70's and 80's I avoid that stuff like the plague.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

4. Member
    Crazy to me that it does this..... never seen parts on boat turn white like they had bleach poured on them, then it goes away..... I'd be curious what kind of material they actually use on those.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Dogfish_Jones
    Mine is a 2020 model and when I pull my cover off I hav them also. Once it airs out they do go away.

6. Member
    I’ve got a 2017 Z20 that does the same thing and when it dries out it’s right back to normal looking good

7. Dogfish_Jones
    I've thought it may have been us wiping down the console with some cleaning product that has allowed this to happen. I know I have some boat cleaning or shine that I have put on mine. But non-the less, it does go away when it gets in fresh air and sun.