Treading braid through Tungsten Sinker w/Insert

I am having an extremely hard time threading 65lb braid through Reins tungsten flipping weights with the insert. I've tried taking a lighter to the end of the braid but that makes it even larger in diameter. Any ideas are appreciated. thanks

Assuming you've tried cutting the braid with the sharpest scissors you can find and wetting it to add some stiffness to help push it through, a bobbin threader fly tyers use to get thread into a bobbin would work, but I doubt you have one of those lying around or that you'd want to use one every time you need to thread a weight. I also thought about a needle, though I suspect threading a needle small enough to fit through the weight would be even more difficult than threading the weight.

Probably not ideal, but short of getting new weights or using thinner line, you could either remove the insert with pliers (if possible) or take a lighter to the insert to get it out. From there, you could go without, or replace it following this method Wesley Strader shows:

For whatever it's worth, even though all of the tungsten weights I have came without an insert, I use this method to add one to every weight over 1/2 oz (and usually add tem to weights smaller than that as well). I find it protects my knot and otherwise offers some confidence that I've got protection should there be any imperfections on the inside of the weight.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

3. Member
    Just grab a 6 or 8" piece of mono or flouro, thread it through from back to front turn it around and thread it through so you have a loop. Put your braid in the loop and pull it through. Easy

Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    Just grab a 6 or 8" piece of mono or flouro, thread it through from back to front turn it around and thread it through so you have a loop. Put your braid in the loop and pull it through. Easy
    THIS^^^. Or, any drug store will carry the gizmos that folks use to thread dental floss between their teeth. They are like a very stiff mono with a built in loop on one end. I think they are called a dental floss threader.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Yeah, willwork's suggestion is probably easiest!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

6. Member
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'll give them a try.

7. Member
    The line trick works good and if you want something like a tool I’d suggest buying a bobbin threader used for fly tying. They’re pretty cheap and it gives you something of substance to hold onto

here’s one for $2
    https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp