bad lowrance unit

I believe I have a bad gen 3 12" Lowrance in my dash. Will be testing another unit of my other boat to be sure. Has anyone had to send their unit back to Lowrance and what was the service like? If I get a new unit concerned the sizing will be different from the existing hole in my dash???

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I've sent a few back before....just know they do not repair them......they will verify its not working and if you get a replacement then they will send after its all has been verified......depends but i'd say probably about 2 weeks total down time......last unit i sent in years ago was, got an email noting the bench test information......at that time it had to be sent to California and then brought over to Mexico to their manufacturing facility. I'd say the Carbon should be the same size, as for the Live, not sure but would guess the same.....you can get the size information on the website to compare.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    They have a policy that is basically non-negotiable. 2 year warranty and the unit must be sent in. If it’s faulty they can swap it out with a refurbished model. The refurbished model I got turned out to also be faulty so they sold me a new live unit for about half price after a lot of time on the phone.

If it’s under warranty and they find it faulty it’s basically a no questions asked new unit sent to your door. If they get it back and test it and they find nothing wrong they send it back to you. If it’s out of warranty and it’s bad they will offer you a new/refurbished unit with 6 months warranty for about half price. I have a small issue with an out of warranty gen3 12 right now and they offered me a gen3 12 for about $1,000 or a carbon 12 for $1100 or a 16 carbon for $2,000. I didn’t think any of these offers were worth it so I opted to keep the unit and use it as I have been for the last 3 years. The only issue is when I run big water and hit a wave wrong the graph will freeze and I have to restart it. Sometimes it goes months without freezing and other times it freezes a few times a day.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

5. Member
    What is it doing?