DFW Cancels Permits

As of 3/23/2020 Calif DFW has canceled ALL permits and tournaments until April 30, 2020. Many lakes are now closed to all boating. Clear Lake is closed and no mussel inspection sticker are being sold. If you're caught on the lake, it's a $500 fine !! Time to hunker down and go thru your tackle and do repairs, or wax your boat ! This will be great for the spawn, and in 2 yrs we should see an abundance of keeper size Bass !!!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

2. Member
    I'm happy they are cracking down on tournaments for now for people who refuse to use social distancing, but I don't think they should close the lakes if people want to fish alone or with someone who lives with them.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by db220 View Post
    I'm happy they are cracking down on tournaments for now for people who refuse to use social distancing, but I don't think they should close the lakes if people want to fish alone or with someone who lives with them.
    House to lake and back home would be fine. But, there would be those that would have to stop and get gas, coffee, a snack, fish, refuel, grab some food, then beer and then go home. Easier to just close them and be done with it.

4. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    House to lake and back home would be fine. But, there would be those that would have to stop and get gas, coffee, a snack, fish, refuel, grab some food, then beer and then go home. Easier to just close them and be done with it.
    Yeah exactly this, it's all the small things people are forgetting that still put you at exposure.
    2017 Nitro Z18 - Mercury ProXS 175 - 24P Fury - Elite 9 TI2 - Fortrex

5. Member
    My boat sits sometimes for months at a time, so I stop and get gas every time I take it out, that way I'm running fresh gas every trip...
    Mike Matthews

U.S.N. 1963-1969

6. Member
    What you say is true however people are doing those things everyday and they are not fishing.
    Bruce Theriot
    2003 Champion 196 Elite
    200 Mercury Opti max
    25 Tempest A45