RT188 8’ garage

Anyone fit an RT188 in an 8’ wide garage? I know the specs would make it right but I didn’t know If removing them hubcaps would make a difference or If someone figured something else out.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I will have to measure my garage door but no matter what you will eventually break those hub covers. Might as well take them off now and put them in a safe place.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

I have a dealer nearby that had a great deal on a RT188.

I have a 8' wide garage which is really 94.5" with the trim. Dealer happened to have doors which they brought the boats in that measured almost exactly the width of my garage. He said it "just slips through".

If you plan on using the boat multiple times a week "just slips though" just didn't cut it for me.

4. Member
    That’s what I’ve heard. Would you lose a couple of inches off the width without them or does something else go that wide? I have a Z185 and am sick of angling it into the double garage where if I don’t get far enough over the wife gives me a mean look.
    Last edited by Xpress1; 03-24-2020 at 01:51 PM.

5. Member
    I get mine in at 93.5 but it takes two people and it is super tight and no fun but great for winter storage. One of my fenders stuck out past the hub but I was able to adjust it and fell like the rear rub rails was the tightest spot. Mine rubs a little of the siding on the way in and at 94.5 it would be easier but not a day in the park like your dealer said. Just take two people to push and watch the rear of the boat.

6. Member
    That is how tight 93.5 is and after doing it a few times and push the trailer out by myself very slowly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    Thanks Fishon! That’s definitely tight. Not sure I’d want to do that every trip out. I agree with the post above that it would be good for long storage. Really appreciate the help!

Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    That is how tight 93.5 is and after doing it a few times and push the trailer out by myself very slowly.
    This is why I still have the Tracker Grizzly 1860. I can back it in still hitched to the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    I'd bank fish before doing that every time. Lucky for me when I had my RT our garage had a carport out front so carport and cover was way easier. I can't even consider it now with this Tracker, the beam is 6" wider.
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    This is why I still have the Tracker Grizzly 1860. I can back it in still hitched to the truck.
    Is that the same reason you don’t own a 1880 as well? Just curious!

11. Member
    My wife and I have been debating buying / building a new house and for whatever reason the codes department in Franklin TN hates garage doors. All new houses facing the road are only allowed to have 2 8' garage doors, garages not facing the road can be 1 large door (which is what I would prefer) but none of the garages are deep enough to fit the boat in. All the HOA's in town won't let you park the boat in your driveway either. You can park all the $h!t box cars you want but no boats. It's really making my wife mad because I keep saying NO. With the motor down and the tongue folded, exactly how much space do I need to get it in the garage if I wanted to mess with the 8' doors?