failed brisket, trying ribs tomorrow.

I put the tough slices of smoked brisket in the oven for dinner tonight. Used a baking dish with some veggies and beef broth. Going to try smoking spare ribs tomorrow for the first time using the weber smokey mountain. Found a recipe on, amazingribs.com. Will grill some shrimp on the side and bake some mac and cheese. Should be a good meal for the kids who will here for dinner. Fingers crossed!

2. Member
    Easiest way to check ribs when close is grab the rack by the middle and if the top skin starts cracking from the weight of the other half they're perfect. Just a tip from somebody who's cooked hundreds and hundreds of racks.

3. Member
    Thanks! I'll use that tip tomorrow.

4. Member
    Mike, have you looked at virtualweberbullet.com? It has a wealth of information on smoking different meats in the smokey mountain smoker. I learned a ton from that site when I first started using mine.

5. Member
    Cook that brisket till 203 to 208 internal when the probe slides in like butter your golden

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jwh7399 View Post
    Mike, have you looked at virtualweberbullet.com? It has a wealth of information on smoking different meats in the smokey mountain smoker. I learned a ton from that site when I first started using mine.
    I have looked at this site and learned quite a bit. i see you're in Granger IN. We were married at Harris Prairie Church of Christ in 70. Most of my in laws live in the Michiana area.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    I have looked at this site and learned quite a bit. i see you're in Granger IN. We were married at Harris Prairie Church of Christ in 70. Most of my in laws live in the Michiana area.
    It's a small world! HPC is less than 10 minutes from my house.