Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Ok took it out you have to do the whole calibration again and setup for your settings just don’t forget that.Now had a buddy with me and he said it’s improved over the last update but still no where near what livescope was .Our biggest complaint is you can’t see you crappie jig out past 25-28 feet .Its almost like they detuned it.Before you could see your jig at 40 feet as that was the max I could shoot it.Jerkbaits were always at 60 plus and now they are maybe 30 .Its almost like there’s no return in that part is the screen or it’s to weak.You can see fish out at 50-60 feet on the bottom but it’s in the water column we can’t see the lure.Brusch looks ok just not that pop we use to get.I don’t know what it is but something is off.Ill keep playing with it and see but we changed every setting a bunch and reset a bunch.Next step is to reset the 1042 to factory new and see if something is off in there.You have to remember I fish 300 days a year as I live on a lake so I know what my scope use to look like.Maybe one of the transducer is getting weak or not right who knows but I guess we will reinstall the 17.10 and see if it takes one day soon.I know if you just bought it you would never know the difference or if you only used it 2-3 times a year.

Well some are getting the "ghost" and some are not. I dont know if there is a difference in the way you install it. Just trying to narrow down an answer

As said mine works great with last update.

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    I know you get it from the website but what is the difference between downloading direct from website to SD card or AC downloading it to your SD card in your phone?????

I'm not a computer guru but everyone is saying the same file is better direct from the website......just trying to understand why......

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Yes the ghost tree is there along with a few other bugs like flickering which never had that before the up date.

4. Member
    what sort of crappie jig exactly are we talkiing here? I typically use a 3/32 with a 2” twister. (No minnow). Dont think ive ever been able to see my jig much past about 20-25ft. Ever since new about 1 year ago 35ft is the max I can get with any decent resolution even brush piles, they are just Big blobs till I get in under 30. If you ever watch the simulator on the unit youll see the same thing.

Now not saying your unit has not changed but sounds like you got “a good one” out of the gate. Or maybe your using larger baits? Minnow makes a huge difference also.

QUOTE=TOUCH OF CLASS;10966261]Ok took it out you have to do the whole calibration again and setup for your settings just don’t forget that.Now had a buddy with me and he said it’s improved over the last update but still no where near what livescope was .Our biggest complaint is you can’t see you crappie jig out past 25-28 feet .Its almost like they detuned it.Before you could see your jig at 40 feet as that was the max I could shoot it.Jerkbaits were always at 60 plus and now they are maybe 30 .Its almost like there’s no return in that part is the screen or it’s to weak.You can see fish out at 50-60 feet on the bottom but it’s in the water column we can’t see the lure.Brusch looks ok just not that pop we use to get.I don’t know what it is but something is off.Ill keep playing with it and see but we changed every setting a bunch and reset a bunch.Next step is to reset the 1042 to factory new and see if something is off in there.You have to remember I fish 300 days a year as I live on a lake so I know what my scope use to look like.Maybe one of the transducer is getting weak or not right who knows but I guess we will reinstall the 17.10 and see if it takes one day soon.I know if you just bought it you would never know the difference or if you only used it 2-3 times a year.[/QUOTE]

5. Member
    well this is getting to be like washington dc some say it better some say it is worse. and i wonder if any one knows, i think i will download everything take to lake and make up my own mind

I just have a Mac user question Mac's do not have the format Fat32 but the ExFat or Dos Fat. I chose the ExFat and everything down load on to an SD card. Have not put it in the head unit yet. So can ExFat work in the place of Fat32 to format SD card?

7. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    We use 1/16 head ,but the jerk bait and spinner bait were same returns can’t see anything until 25-28 feet anything farther it’s like outer space just nothing really out there.Almost like the eyes are out of alignment.Dont really know what the answer is.Or maybe it’s a software problem in the gps unit itself not reading right.I don’t know how much control the gpsmap has on the scope box on decoding stuff.

8. Member
    I agree, beginning to wonder if there is some other underlying cause. Lot of connection pins involved between the various plugs. Wouldnt take much corrosion or a slightly poor connection to cause issues as well im sure. Software should be software should be identical for everyone. Seems like more of a chance there are slight variations in the hardware or installations between users. Im sure garmin did some pretty good testing but they cant test every possible installation or setup that we have.

Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    well this is getting to be like washington dc some say it better some say it is worse. and i wonder if any one knows, i think i will download everything take to lake and make up my own mind

9. Member
    Theres also this shielded transducer cable with a crap ton of data running down it getting bent and twisted all over the place.

10. Member
    Installed the latest update. I was running this on an 8616. At first, subjectively I thought it was a disaster. However my lake has just changed dramatically. Water level rose 7ft due to heavy rain. Water was quiet dirty. Normally I run Gain on Auto Medium. That made the screen a mess. Also it was very windy. I had trouble keeping fish on the screen. Again, I first thought this had something to do with the update. So I went to my spark plug test. I suspended two spark plugs under a floating bottle. One was at 12 ft and the other at 20 ft. That gives me targets at a known depth that I can get back from and approach and then judge how the unit picks them up as I approach them. I set the Range to 80ft. The depth was 26-30 ft over that range. So I tried different settings as I approached the targets and recorded the results. It was tough with the wind and the LVS32 is on the TM shaft so the targets were not on screen full time. I don't consider these results totally reliable. I could have done better with cleaner and calm water. Also the pickup number is unreliable with the boat movement, and TM movement, it could just be a zig when a zag would be better. I saw no ghost trees on any of the settings listed here. Still, I think my results are worth posting. Take with a grain of salt. Here they are:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

11. Member
    I like it. Somewhat scientific!

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Installed the latest update. I was running this on an 8616. At first, subjectively I thought it was a disaster. However my lake has just changed dramatically. Water level rose 7ft due to heavy rain. Water was quiet dirty. Normally I run Gain on Auto Medium. That made the screen a mess. Also it was very windy. I had trouble keeping fish on the screen. Again, I first thought this had something to do with the update. So I went to my spark plug test. I suspended two spark plugs under a floating bottle. One was at 12 ft and the other at 20 ft. That gives me targets at a known depth that I can get back from and approach and then judge how the unit picks them up as I approach them. I set the Range to 80ft. The depth was 26-30 ft over that range. So I tried different settings as I approached the targets and recorded the results. It was tough with the wind and the LVS32 is on the TM shaft so the targets were not on screen full time. I don't consider these results totally reliable. I could have done better with cleaner and calm water. Also the pickup number is unreliable with the boat movement, and TM movement, it could just be a zig when a zag would be better. I saw no ghost trees on any of the settings listed here. Still, I think my results are worth posting. Take with a grain of salt. Here they are:

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabucks461 View Post
    I just have a Mac user question Mac's do not have the format Fat32 but the ExFat or Dos Fat. I chose the ExFat and everything down load on to an SD card. Have not put it in the head unit yet. So can ExFat work in the place of Fat32 to format SD card?
    I have a Mac. Do not use ExFat. Choose the other option. It will be Fat32 and will work fine. That is how I updated.

13. Member
    Sure are lots of people talking about an update for a mythical super computer encased in a “black box”. The gls10 software should be the interface within the mfd needed for it to talk to/decipher what the transducer is sending to it. A lot of talk about software on here but zero talk about the.......... I myself am an analytical thinker and have read all the various threads and posts. I’ve noticed a subtle trend. I’m sure one of the respected Garmin Gurus will figure this out. I never did the Perspective Download. I sure want to but won’t. I myself feel that the LS transducer was designed to run in a vertical position and will continue to run it that way.....................
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

TOC

How did your GLS10 with the old software look. I think that was version 2.20.

Thanks

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

As said, I upgraded my power to my electronics with a lithium. Always over 13v now and LS never worked better. I am using the last update (not the newest)

I think good voltage is critical on these things.

16. Member

Livescope

I updated today before going fishing and this is what I’m getting. I called Garmin on the water today and they had me reset the unit and take a picture. They are saying it’s some kind of electrical interference but it’s the same as it was before update. I hate to take everything apart but that’s what i need to do to see if it fixes my Livescope.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks,

Stan Stone
    Lexington, NC (High Rock Lake)

https://youtube.com/c/StanStoneFishing

17. Member
    I see you have that surface vertical line that I’ve been dealing with...

18. Member
    Yes, driving me crazy, my Livescope is messed up. I still don’t believe it electrical interference.
    Thanks,

Stan Stone
    Lexington, NC (High Rock Lake)

https://youtube.com/c/StanStoneFishing

19. Member
    I listed to the webinar tonight and the guy mentioned that were getting fuzzy images/interference from guys cranking down zip ties on the cords. Not saying thats whats going on here but cable routing and bending could certainly be a factor to check.

StanS, what battery are you using for all that electronics?? And what wire gauge?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast