Talon, clip on bottom

The little clip on the bottem of my talon is broke. It will hang out about 1.5 inches. Does anyone know if it's an easy fix for a diy'er? Or does it need to go to an asc. Does this talon still have warranty, sn# 0267mk00035. Thanks for any help.
    Wes

2. Member
    No warranty. 5 years on mechanical. Please post a picture. Not sure about Clip?

3. Member
    WIN_20200325_140203.JPG
    Thanks for helping me with this. First pic is the broke one. Second is the other one its good.
    WIN_20200325_140230.JPG
    Wes

4. Member
    That is the mechanical stop for the 3rd stage. If the 3rd stage is coming out before the first stage is out or it is dropping on it's own then it either has trash preventing it from doing it's job or it is defective. I would get the hose and rinse it as good as possible and then see if it latches. If it still does not work it is pretty easy to change.
    Note: flushing is very important with the Talon. It should be flushed if you are deployed either in sand or mud. If water depth allows you can flush it before you move to the next spot by stopping the store operation and putting the boat in gear and running at idle speed to run water through it. Or you can go to deeper water and deploy completely and idle to clean that way. When you get home it is best to deploy completely out by laying it on the boat back deck and putting household pledge in the grooves on the second and third stage. Store and deploy a couple of time. Depending on use do this about every third trip if you use it every trip or a little less if you don't use every trip.
    You may know this, but I also intended this for people who read this and are not aware.

5. Member
    Thanks Brad, it is defective. The metal that can be seen in the second picture is missing in the first picture. There is a plastic piecethat is part of that clip, that is keeping it from retracting. I'm am not sure how to fix it. Thanks.
    Wes

6. Member
    The metal part is the spring that resets the mechanical latch when the third stage is retracted. It holds the third stage in when the rest of the talon is deploying and when the second stage gets completely deployed it release the mechanical stop so the third stage will deploy. the piece is really inexpensive and easy to replace. I know I don't have one i the shop or I would send you one. Call Jones's shop and get them to send you one.

7. Member
    Thanks again Brad. I did talk to Jones, he was able to give me a pat number. He said I may need to remove some rivets. Hopefully it's that easy.
    Wes

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H-D Dad View Post
    Thanks again Brad. I did talk to Jones, he was able to give me a pat number. He said I may need to remove some rivets. Hopefully it's that easy.
    You can partially deploy the third stage since the latch is broken. Drill out the 1/8 rivet. Use a 1/8 or smaller punch to knock out the pin that holds the latch. Take a picture so you don't install the new one backwards. If you put it in backwards then it will not deploy. I know this cuz I did it.