Battery switch advice for TR-20x

Im looking to install a battery switch in my 2004 Triton TR-20x and need help on which one i need. My Triton has one starting battery and 2 trolling batteries. I want a switch i can install for if i ever need help from the trolling batteries cranking a dead starting battery, i can do so.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ;10960710
    Im looking to install a battery switch in my 2004 Triton TR-20x and need help on which one i need. My Triton has one starting battery and 2 trolling batteries. I want a switch i can install for if i ever need help from the trolling batteries cranking a dead starting battery, i can do so.
    just get a standard on and off switch and put in the positive side. Be sure you get your power and ground from the same battery in your trolling bank so you will have 12 volt and not 24 volt.

Thank you!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stephens2516 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckwilson View Post
    just get a standard on and off switch and put in the positive side. Be sure you get your power and ground from the same battery in your trolling bank so you will have 12 volt and not 24 volt.
    Chuck is correct, you want to use the same battery, BUT you need to use the battery that has the negative lead coming from your trolling motor connected to it. I ALSO highly recommend adding an on/off switch for you negative connection too. I have seen electrolysis occur when a negative wire is always connected between the cranking battery and trolling battery even though in theory it shouldn’t happen. I have a switch for my positive connection and one for my negative connection. Luckily, I have only had to use it once. It only took me a couple of seconds to turn on the switches and start the motor. If you need to jump your battery, switch your Negative switch on FIRST then switch your positive switch on next. When your done, cut off your Positive switch FIRST then cut off your negative. This is opposite from jumping a vehicle in which you are supposed to connect your positives first and disconnect your positives last although on a vehicle I really don’t think it makes a big difference.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike