Thread: Jackhammer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by WCCT View Post
    Walkabout7781, we do have loons. Not sure about this side of the mountains, but there are a lot of them in Eastern Washington.
    You're sure they're Loons and not Cormorants? There are TONS of Cormorants on the E. side, especially P'holes. It makes my day when I see an Eagle swoop down and nail one.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

2. Member
    Ive had to put down the jackhammer lately ,Dam catfish wont leave it alone!!

3. Member
    I used to be leery of the Jackhammer. How could it be better? Well I bought a couple. Holy $hi+!! What a difference. It flat catches em. Period, end of story.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I broke the snap on one of my JHs last weekend. I called Zman and talked to a guy names Alex, great guy! He told me what he could about the new Jh 2.0, offered to send me snaps, just really good customer service.

I cant wait til August 15th, then again I’m sure I won’t get a 2.0 for a while! They stand behind their stuff and the JackHammer works for me year ‘round.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Glad to hear they helped you out, Casslaw. Really are some great folks there. I know several of them personally, but not Alex.

Sure do hear a lot of griping about the price, but sure hard to argue with how well they work. I'm fairly connected to Z-Man, as some know, and I can tell you Jackhammers are darn expensive to make. Everything on them is premium. I agree with Jeff on a lot of things, but his estimate of costing 50 cents more than a regular Chatterbait is way off. My best guess is a Jackhammer costs 7X more to make compared to a regular Chatterbait. When you factor in the extra steps on each bait (labor and time), plus cost of premium components, it adds up. I'm no manufacturing expert and I've never seen how they're made, but imagine the extra steps and time for hand-tied skirts, adding two wire baitkeepers instead of a molded lead keeper, adding eyes, stenciling the weight on the head, custom Gamakatsu hook, packaged hook protector etc etc. Everything down to the Decoy snap is premium. If you ahvent heard of them, Decoy is probably the premier JDM terminal tackle brands, and that's the snap they use. I use Decoy snaps for cranks all the time because I think they're the best. They are small and strong, but expensive. All Decoy makes is terminal tackle, and they have more variations than you can imagine, all premium. Just type in Decoy fishing on the auction site, and see what comes up.
    I know nobody likes to pay $16 for a Jackhammer, but it's just a simple fact: premium does not equal cheap. I do think the new CrosseyeZ Chatterbait is going to please a lot of people who can't stomach that Jackhammer price tag. It's not going to have all the fancy features of the JAckhammer, but it should be solid where it matters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12