Everybodys thoughts on cashion rods

Just opinions. I have several and i like them a lot. Just wondering everyone elses thoughts on them

2. Member
    I have 3 and like them. Going to replace the rest when I can with them. Light and feels good in your hand.

The handle took a few trips to get use to. Now I am all in.

I own several Cashion’s and I switched to ALX rods and couldn’t be happier. I could go into detail but I’m satisfied with my decision

4. Member
    Cashion makes some clean builds. Fair for the price.

5. Member
    I've looked at them several times, but I just don't like the handle material. If not for the handles I would probably own a few.

6. Member
    Best rod in their price range IMHO.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    Best rod in their price range IMHO.

Agreed. I wasnt sure about the handles before i ordered one and no shops around me have them so i just did it. Ive been pretty happy with that decision

Best word to describe them...clunky. Not a fan of their grip material or Fuji ACS reel seats. I bought one used to try and it was super tip heavy as well. Just not a well thought out rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Down4ttown View Post
    Cashion makes some clean builds. Fair for the price.
    I disagree with the clean build. Everyone I have were custom built for my specs. When I received my last one the rod eye was closed with epoxy. I voiced my displeasure with them. There are more superior builders and I found the one that I’m happy with

10. Member
    I wouldn’t necessarily call them a clean build. I only have one and if I can be nit picky there’s a few things that I’ve seen that aren’t present mid/lower line St Croixs. it has uneven epoxy edges and some epoxy creates a ridge rather than a smooth transition to blank (which one of my kistlers has the same thing). a few guides are off center not as bad as Ducketts but it’s a little noticeable. I can’t stand the reel seat on the casting rods and for that reason I probably won’t buy another one. Easily one of the most uncomfortable reel seats I’ve ever held.

Now if they sold their own blanks, I’d be buying them for my own rod builds. Super sensitive and rated exactly what they are labled as. For $200 it’s a good rod but don’t expect them to be flawless.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

11. Member
    i dont have a dog in the fight never used one but i have picked up many at the tackle store of various models and i can assure you they are tip hvy from just feeling the rod that is a reel on there might lighten the tip up some

12. Member
    I have heard about the build issues before. As i said before, i do have several of them and havent had many if any build issues with them. And they balance out pretty good with a lews tournament pro on them.

13. Member
    Did you end up selling your old Cashions???
    Quote Originally Posted by larryhyco View Post
    I own several Cashion’s and I switched to ALX rods and couldn’t be happier. I could go into detail but I’m satisfied with my decision

Quote Originally Posted by Txbassfan1 View Post
    Did you end up selling your old Cashions???
    No, they are in a rod rack with the rest of the rods I no longer use.