Thread: The Rock

The Rock

Headed to the Rock this weekend will be in the Shell Knob area, how is the water condition and bite? Thanks

High and muddy when we left of Sunday....Steak Inn shut down so bring your own food!

3. Member
    Thanks for the info. Lots of floaters?

4. Member
    Lake is high and muddy. Floaters should be on the bank with all the wind we're having but still pay attention. I'll be at Shell both days. Finally getting the boat back after blowing up the motor so gonna be breaking it in.

5. Member
    Well just got back from the Rock. Lake is nasty with lots of floaters. Grandson and I Put in Saturday morn at Shell Knob bridge hit our first cove and hell broke loose from the sky. Flew back to the ramp and pulled and made it back to our cabin to watch it pour down. Planning on possibly heading back this coming weekend to try again. If not this weekend for sure the next. Wish you luck with the new motor I've been there done that also. Maybe sometime we could hook up and fish some. That care Kevin

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tablerockslinger View Post
    Lake is high and muddy. Floaters should be on the bank with all the wind we're having but still pay attention. I'll be at Shell both days. Finally getting the boat back after blowing up the motor so gonna be breaking it in.
    Seen your profile do you have a blue and white Champ? If so think you was putting in Saturday when we got there. We put in right after you. Driving white F250 pulling ProCraft F/S maron and white.

7. Member
    Nope, my Champion is white with charcoal flake. I didn't go out Saturday but I was out there today. Got 3 hrs on it today so got a good start atleast. Sounds good, I'm always up for fishing!
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225
    Minn Kota Ultrex, 10" Helix MSI+ G4N, 10" Helix MDI+ G4N
    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

8. Member
    I have a cabin near point 21 and may be up next weekend or the weekend after and will reach out to you, maybe we can hook up soon. Take care and God Bless

9. Member
    Tableeickslinger. I plan on being at the Rock Monday to fish until Thursday. You been fishing?

10. Member
    I have not been down and won't be down till prob next wknd. I was gonna go tomorrow but think I'll stay in bed with the cold front that pushed through. Good luck, let me know how u do
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225
    Minn Kota Ultrex, 10" Helix MSI+ G4N, 10" Helix MDI+ G4N
    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

11. Member
    For what it will be worth I will give a full report. Planning on hitting the Campbell Point area one day then head to the White the next day. If you have any tips or suggestion pass em way. Take care, stay safe, and God Bless

12. Member
    We caught a few but had to work at it. few on square bill, fluke style bait, wacky rig green ocho. Did not see any beds but water still high and dirty and only seen one buck cruising. Found 62* water in coves off the main lake. Pulled a few bass off the ends of deep water docks and outside edge of flooded brush. Hope to be back next week to try it again. Need a week of sunshine and warm temps.