Short flipping pitching rods?

I had a few Skeet 6'4" rods that fit me great for flipping and pitching. They do not make them anymore. I am down to one. Anyone know of other rods like this? Any other brands?

2. Member
    https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Doby...cpage-DFC.html

6'6" Heavy Fast 1/4-1oz
    I have no experience with this rod and not sure what baits you are flipping, but I'd be willing to bet this would serve you well. There really isn't much out there for short rods it seems. Lews does make a 5'9" Med Heavy.

If you don't find anything that will work, you might see about getting one custom built. If you care about form over function you'd probably be surprised at how reasonably you can find one.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    If you don't find anything that will work, you might see about getting one custom built. If you care about form over function you'd probably be surprised at how reasonably you can find one.
    May do that. I used to always use 6'6" rods back in the 90s. Looks like plenty of those out there.

5. Member
    Find you an old All Star WR1 and it will do what you are wanting just fine. I used a couple of them for 22 years and still have mine great pitching rods with plenty of back bone and you can find them cheap.

6. Member
    got a alx skipper with 20lb fluorocarbon on it !
    really does great for me in tight places

7. Smallmouth Junkie!
    http://dobynsrods.com/rod/684c/.

I have the 683C and use it for skipping jigs. It has a soft tip and lots of backbone to pull a bass out from under a dock. The 684C would probably really fit your needs. Dobyns Champion XP Rods are very well made and have a great no hassle $70.00 replacement policy.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

8. Member
    X2. ALX skipper

ALX skipper 6'9" I wanted to get something close to the 6 4 I have

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    ALX skipper 6'9" I wanted to get something close to the 6 4 I have
    To get in that length, you most likely need to go custom. We can definitely help you with that. Give us a call during the day if you get a chance and be happy to walk you thru what can be done and available and work to get in your budget. 866-628-5052

11. Member
    The Super Rakkai is what I think you'd love here's the specs and its good for any close quarter frog or topwater

SUPER REKKAI Length: 6'8 " Taper: MEDIUM FAST Lure Capacity: 3/8-1.1/2oz. Line Capacity: 12-25lb. The REKKAI is updated with Megabass' cutting edge X7 graphite matrix. It allows precise lure delivery into heavy cover, and the high tension tip along with the super-high sensitivity shaft allow information from the jig to instantly reach your hands from depths over 10m. This high tension shaft is fast and sensitive, and exhibits amazing peformance during reaction-focused approaches with rubber jigs and Texas rigs.