Megabass Orochi XX Spinning Rods

Anyone use these? Been thinking about picking up the 7' Shaky Head model for shaky heads, wacky rigs, weightless floating worms, flukes etc.. Wanted to get some input on others experience with these rods.. is the quality there for the price? lightweight and sensitive? Thanks for the input!

2. Banned
    sold mine. there's better out there for the money

3. Member
    I have the Gen 1 Orichi XX Shakeyhead rod. It is nice rod and I love the looks and the foregrip design. It is good for a drop shot, grubs, Ned rigs, 1/8 oz Shakeyhead worms, and smaller hardbaits around 1/4 to 3/8 oz. I bought it as rod for tube jigs and smaller plastics fished weightless. It lacks the power for those apps IMO. I found getting a hook set with a texposed weedless plastic to be very spotty at best.

It would not be my first choice for a weightless fluke or Senko.

I keep the Shakyhead Special and the Enforcer in my boat year round. Great models for multiple presentations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I keep the Shakyhead Special and the Enforcer in my boat year round. Great models for multiple presentations.
    Not trying to hijack the thread. Mark could you tell me about enforcer? That rod has me intrigued.

6. Member
    I've got an enforcer great rod very sensitive, but I hate the tiny guides.

I bought the Ronin last year for jerkbaits.
    So far I really like it..
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDLTH View Post
    Not trying to hijack the thread. Mark could you tell me about enforcer? That rod has me intrigued.
    Its a tad stouter than some spinning rods but not a broomstick. Super versatile and can handle most anything you throw at it. I feel it loads up well, has the power to you need and fish seem to stay pegged. I have had no issues with hooksets on this rod light or hard.

I have the XX Shakeyhead rod and I have been very pleased with it. I mainly use it for shakey heads, smaller jigs, and weightless flukes and it does them all well. Around heavier cover and skipping under docks, I would lean more towards the Enforcer if you wanted to stay with a spinning set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Its a tad stouter than some spinning rods but not a broomstick. Super versatile and can handle most anything you throw at it. I feel it loads up well, has the power to you need and fish seem to stay pegged. I have had no issues with hooksets on this rod light or hard.
    Thanks, that’s what I needed to hear.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    GREAT Rod for Jerkbaits, Totally Agree.

12. Member
    I've noticed Randy Blaukat uses the Whipsnake for jerkbaits, thats something I never would've even considered using mine for...

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    I’m about to pull the trigger on a Ronin. How does it work with 110s, +1s, +2s, and other 1/2oz jerkbaits? I’ve read some mixed reviews saying it’s okay for 1/2oz jerkbaits, and others saying is primarily for the 110 jr, x80 and other smaller jerkbaits.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by droy View Post
    I’m about to pull the trigger on a Ronin. How does it work with 110s, +1s, +2s, and other 1/2oz jerkbaits? I’ve read some mixed reviews saying it’s okay for 1/2oz jerkbaits, and others saying is primarily for the 110 jr, x80 and other smaller jerkbaits.
    This rod has the lure rating to handle all of the jerkbaits you want to throw, without any problem, and has a soft enough tip if you want to use it to throw top water or shakey heads. I think this could be one of the best jerkbait rods I have ever handled AND it is extremely versatile in the applications you can fish it. Absolutely can't go wrong adding a Ronin to your arsenal for Jerkbait fishing, especially throwing vision 110s.

15. Member
    @MainelySmallmouth thanks for the insights! That’s basically exactly what I was hoping to hear haha... I did order from Tackle Trap, so hopefully it’ll come in sooner rather than later.