Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Hour and 20 to the lake with no issues. Officer was actually in the launch lot and didn’t say anything. You could tell the quarantine was getting to folks because the lake was crowded for this time of year. Looked like mid July out there.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbassin22 View Post
    Hour and 20 to the lake with no issues. Officer was actually in the launch lot and didn’t say anything. You could tell the quarantine was getting to folks because the lake was crowded for this time of year. Looked like mid July out there.

3. Member
    Live about 10 mns from greenwood lake.!good to hear there keeping the launch’s open. Was at swinging bridge public launch on last Thursday. Lakes down slit and launch is tuff but doable.

4. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    Quote Originally Posted by leobass View Post
    I went to Greenwood to fish in Orange County. Went to a marina to launch they surely don't mind taking my 10 bucks. I saw a couple other bass boats on the lake and a few pleasure boaters. I saw similar things written that Cuomo says we should get out and enjoy the outdoors and practice safe distances. Last Sunday, another beautiful day, I took a 30 minute drive to Harriman State Park ( Lake Tiorati) and walk by the lake. Saw many cars doing the same all the parking lots had many cars as well cars parked on the side of the road. Most people walking, hicking and enjoying the nice weather. There were no large groups of people. Glad folks were being smart about it.
    which marina did you launch for 10 bucks?

5. Member
    Yes .. but most of you have to tow a boat to get to parks .. this is were there going to get you .. it’s not being
    on the water .. ..saw today .. NO cash on the N.Y. thruway..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

6. Member
    No cash on the thruway but they will send you a bill in the mail much like how Massachusetts does their tolls. Also, the NYS Thruway is going to cashless tolls starting in the fall of this year so how it is now, is how it will forever be coming soon. You drive through, they scan your plate and send a bill in the mail for whoever the car is registered to if you don’t have EZ pass.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph44 View Post
    Yes .. but most of you have to tow a boat to get to parks .. this is were there going to get you .. it’s not being
    on the water .. ..saw today .. NO cash on the N.Y. thruway..
    agree w Murph.. seems like most havent had a issue however, I may be daring and try it this weekend.

8. Member
    You are allowed to fish... and I have been for weeks.

directly from the DEC website about it...

2F0A201A-DDD0-46F3-B3F2-98FD341233FE.jpeg

9. Member
    Yes all parks are open ..
    but it’s getting there that’s the issue for most ...

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

10. Member
    there is no travel ban in NY. There is no fishing ban in NY or ban on towing boats. You can travel all over the state without harassment. You cannot have social gatherings, home gatherings, be in groups in parks or other high volume areas like basketball courts, be in groups larger than 8 and stand closer than 6ft apart. It is “recommended” you stay home as much as possible and don’t travel unless it’s essential, however it is not mandatory unless you’re over 70. If there was an issue, the DEC would not be encouraging people to go outdoors or go fishing during the trout opener..

Also if there was an issue why aren’t they at every ramp writing tickets or pulling over everyone with a trailer that clearly isn’t working?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cnycent...new-york-state

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.loc...ravel-ban/amp/

If you’re still sketched out with driving and worried, then stay home until this passes..As for me I’m picking up the boat in 7days and I’m going fishing.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 03-30-2020 at 06:33 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Travel ban.. no your right addressed this above, nobody is telling you to stay home ecobb91, do what you want. There IS however a "no non essential travel" order in place. Nobody said there was a fishing ban.. nobody is questioning traveling all over the state . What we are questioning is towing your boat all over the state as it could be seen as "non essential travel". When I personally talked to our local trooper barricks its was said..." all non essential travel is banned, use your judgement , we will be issuing warnings to those WE feel not under compliance". Take it for what its worth and dont get so defensive.

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 98 Elite203 View Post
    You are allowed to fish... and I have been for weeks.

directly from the DEC website about it...

2F0A201A-DDD0-46F3-B3F2-98FD341233FE.jpeg
    once again nobody is saying you cant fish!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecoast View Post
    which marina did you launch for 10 bucks?
    Launched at Defeo They are only open Thursday through Sunday. Big buck to launch on Saturday and Sunday. Might be $30 I don't know because I only go on weekdays.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Travel ban.. no your right addressed this above, nobody is telling you to stay home ecobb91, do what you want. There IS however a "no non essential travel" order in place. Nobody said there was a fishing ban.. nobody is questioning traveling all over the state . What we are questioning is towing your boat all over the state as it could be seen as "non essential travel". When I personally talked to our local trooper barricks its was said..." all non essential travel is banned, use your judgement , we will be issuing warnings to those WE feel not under compliance". Take it for what its worth and dont get so defensive.
    not getting defensive however more of an annoyance. if we provide articles and personal experience to prove we’ve been fishing without issue it’s second guessed but then others expect people to go out and test it, they do, and then it’s still second guessed. So do what makes you feel comfortable, if you’re uneasy just wait till the ban is lifted. If they aren’t going to be handing out tickets trout fishing and are actually encouraging people to go, then they won’t bother bass fisherman.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 03-30-2020 at 07:59 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v

15. Member
    Yea this has backfired. I fish a lake near me pretty regularly starting ice out and I mostly only fish midday weekdays. I usually don't see anyone out there until at least late April. This past week I had 3 boats around me and after I caught 3 fish on 3 casts I had one boat move within a cast of me. Felt like summer on Oneida.

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Thread closed...be safe everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12