Fiberglass discolored

So I got an older skeeter in good shape overall. The fiberglass all around is is pretty good shape. But where the flaky lighter silver color on top appears to have kind of a white or yellowish look in certain areas. Its almost hard to see sometimes but on a sunny day when your standing on the boat looking down you can see it a lot easier. Anything to help that? Or what is it in your opinion?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I had an area like that near the splashwell on my old Winner. There was a crack in the gelcoat nearby - almost like the intercoat bond wasn't good. Winner went belly up right after I bought that boat, so I never looked for any service or solution.

3. Member
    If the flake actually changed color it likely means the clear coat is gone in those areas, nothing you do short of re spraying the gel and flake will ever look new again. I can’t tell from that pic but if it’s just hazy you might be able to buff or if it’s really bad, Wetsand and buff it back to new. If the clear coat is gone that won’t help anything however.

4. Member
    Wouldn't say the gelcoat is really diminishing or gone because the rest of the boat has a good shiny gelcoat. It's only where the light silver part is. Once you hit the darker area you dont notice anything.

I “think” you may be ok....? If you’ll send me pics direct. I’ll see if I can help you. Text or call 919-631-2019. Make sure you reference BBC as I get a ton of calls...I’m gettin old and my. I not remember this.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    I “think” you may be ok....? If you’ll send me pics direct. I’ll see if I can help you. Text or call 919-631-2019. Make sure you reference BBC as I get a ton of calls...I’m gettin old and my. I not remember this.
    Ok crank68, thank you I will. I might have to wait till a good sunny day to take pics because you don't notice it from a certain angles unless the sun it hitting it. Don't notice much on cloudier days.

That’s fine just call then. I think I know what you have...
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Member
    Crank68 thank you so much for the information you provided me! When I talked to you I knew you were very knowledgeable and had a great passion for what you do. Means a lot for someone to take there time out of there day and explain in detail what you need to do for your project. Everything looks great so far. Night and day difference.

Thanks bud !! Lemme know if you need anything else. Looks like you have it under control.
    www.ncboatguy.com