Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar

what to expect, Guntersville in October

Was scheduled to go to Guntersville this week but multiple things kept that from happening.

Trip is now rescheduled for October 17 thru 24, never fished it in fall. What should we expect.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

2. Member
    A whole hell odf a lot tougher than if you kept the spring date. froggin and fliipin will be the deal but the flippin bite, especially on the river, has changed a lot the last few years because of all the eel grass.

3. Member
    On the Tennessee River impoundments it's difficult to predict what the fall bite will be like as it is so dependent on what happens between now and then with rainfall, current, grass formations and such.

4. Member
    It could be a lot of fun frog fishing as long as the rain doesn't destroy the mats. A major downpour can destroy the cheese just like that, poof.
    Joey Aderhold

5. Member
    what everyone else said is spot on. One big rain and its over for all intents and purposes. Best thing i have found to do around that time (again, completely depends on weather) is find the shad. Swimbaits work well around then. Even some A-Rig on humps close to the main river.

6. Dogfish_Jones
    My advice is to not fish where I usually do during that time. You might catch some fish then. I'm a sad site during October on Guntersville..and it seems other lakes.