Smile The ice is broke!

pence.png

Got a couple on a spinnerbait, snapped it off on a snag, got four more on a chatterbait - all in 40 minutes. Went back through the stretch again and only got one more hit. Main stem 40 degree, 45 in the backwater. Biggest 2#-10.

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

Nice
    I haven't got out yet unfortunately.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

3. Member
    Nice job! I've been getting into quality so far for every trip out, but haven't caught more than 2 in a single outing. Not that I'm complaining. Almost went out to Halfmoon in Hancock yesterday hoping for water conditions like that, but my buddy convinced me to stop at Sunset Lake in Greenfield instead for a chance at some smallies. That was a mistake...ended up back in Merrimack for one 3 lb largie.

4. Member
    They were setting up on the outside of the old milfoil line, but did get one in 12". Only been to Sunset once, ice fishing 5+ years ago, think we got a few Larrys that day. Ramp must be OK? If I get turned that way, I usually end up at Bennington or Otter.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    They were setting up on the outside of the old milfoil line, but did get one in 12". Only been to Sunset once, ice fishing 5+ years ago, think we got a few Larrys that day. Ramp must be OK? If I get turned that way, I usually end up at Bennington or Otter.
    Ramp is okay, kinda of steep and all dirt. Place is loaded with rats smallies and largies, wouldn't recommend going there unless you're looking for a confidence booster slaying a couple dozen 12" bass.