Youghiogheny Dam 3-22-2020

Wow what a really nice day. It was also a strange day. My local C-store started my strange day. Coffee was not self service it was behind the counter and only employees could fill your coffee. Signs tell you not to handle product unless you were buying it. No one there, usually filled with people.

The drive down to the lake reminded me of Outer Limits for those that have see the tv show. 15 miles and I did not pass a car on a 4 lane highway.

I got to the lake and Steinybass was there getting his cool blue Nitro ready. The first time we got an opportunity to speak to each other. Kind of weird we kept about 10 feet between us including his buddy. Really nice guy. Another bass boat put in right behind me, cool looking Skeeter. So there were three of us that put in at the breast of the dam at the same time.

Now just to give you an update it didn't look like the ramp was open at the route 40 bridge. The State ramp may have been open, I didn't go back to see.

Really nice day it hit 50 as a high. It was cool though with a stiff breeze. The water was up at a very nice level.

So how was the fishing? The guy from Ligonier with the Skeeter stated it best, they were jumping in the boat. I had a good day but I could tell from his voice he had an even better day. Not sure what Steinybass did as I didn't see him all day except at the ramp.

What worked well was anything weighted and worked slower than slow. Then even slower. The water was in the 40's.

It was just great to get out. There was well under 10 boats on the lake.

Interesting when I put in my alarm kept going off. I shut the motor down and tried to see if something was wrong. I could not see anything. So after the second time it didn't go off and I put the hammer down. Was great all day. The guy in the other Skeeter told me his YAMAHA did the same thing. He said it was condensation from the first time out.
    Last edited by Fx20 2011; 03-22-2020 at 04:13 PM.

2. Member
    Sounds like you guys had a great time!

3. Member
    Thanks FX20 it was nice meeting you. I did see that the RT40 is closed and i spoke to a buddy that just went out for a drive and he said the Mill Run ramp was also closed.

4. Member
    Thanks for the update. I fish deep creek on and off when I get up there but hear that the Yough is better. Thinking about heading up in April. Any patterns I should pay attention to? Thanks guys.

5. Member
    Chris send me a PM before you come up and i will try and help then. Depending when you come up in April everything may change.

6. Member
    Thanks! Very much appreciate it!! Any problem running a Ranger Z520 (21') on the lake? Or better question, launching it!!

7. Member
    Yeah, ramps are not built for rangers. The ramps mark them pretty good.

Just having fun with you. The Yough has some of the best ramps and courtesy docks you can find anywhere. Double wide and no ramp drop off that you have to worry about. In addition great parking.

8. Member
    Perfect. Thanks buddy. Stay safe and get bit! A couple from last week!!IMG_3164.jpg

9. Member
    Perfect. Thanks buddy. Stay safe and get bit! A couple from last week!!IMG_3164.jpgthat's my small water Jon boat rebuild

10. Member
    Nice fish Chris. However strange looking Ranger.

Fished Va twice last year, Lake Anna and Smith Mt.

11. Member
    LOL. That's my jon boat rebuild.